Transition from HEM1 to HEM2

Default Transition from HEM1 to HEM2

I've been using HEM since the start and trialed HEM2 when it came out but didn't like it. There's been no updates to HEM1 in about a year and there's still some bugs like not importing all exit hands, Microgaming HUD not functioning on all tables, some software crashes amongst others. Think i might have to bite the bullet and get HEM2.

I've spent a lot of time configuring HEM1 for all different platforms, and all my HUD Popups are configured for each site so there's a lot of work that has gone into getting each one right for each site. Are these easily migrated across to HEM2 or will i have to start from scratch because it would take me forever. Also, are all hands that have been imported on HEM1 easily moved to HEM2 because i've millions of hands that i wouldn't want to lose.

How smooth will the operation be, and will i have to pay the full cost for HEM2 or is it seen as an upgrade?

Thanks

Tony

Oh, and i have a maxinum download of 0.9 meg where i live (can't be helped!) so everything will take forever anyway so not expecting it to be a quick process

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

I've spent a lot of time configuring HEM1 for all different platforms, and all my HUD Popups are configured for each site so there's a lot of work that has gone into getting each one right for each site. Are these easily migrated across to HEM2 or will i have to start from scratch because it would take me forever.
    There is a feature in HM2 HUD Options > Popup Designer > Import 1.0 to import your HM1 Popups

Also, are all hands that have been imported on HEM1 easily moved to HEM2 because i've millions of hands that i wouldn't want to lose.
    You can use the HM2 Database Manager > Import function to import all of your hands from HM1. Otherwise you can do a Hand Importing > Manual Hand Import > Import Folder to import the c:\HMArchive where all of your hands previously imported into HM1 are stored.

How smooth will the operation be, and will i have to pay the full cost for HEM2 or is it seen as an upgrade?
    Please see this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Upgrade+Policy
    You can also contact sales@holdemmanager.com for any questions in regards to upgrade costs.

You can also try HM2 for free for 30 days. Here is the download link to get you started - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

Cheers for that DNB.

Will have a look around the FAQ and see what else is there that i could have issues with. I already had a 30 day (maybe even 15 day?) when the Beta came out. It was on a different machine tho. I never got it going tho because my laptop was rubbish. Is that me screwed for the trial or can i try it again?

I got the answers i needed. Cheers for your help

Seems i don't have all the answers! I've started the trial and i'm trying to import my HEM HUDs into HEM2. I've managed to import the Pop Up Designer, but when i go in to imput the Displayed Stats from HEM1, it's looking for all xml files and i can't change it to anything else. All of my saved HUDs eg. Ongame, ipoker, stars etc are all saved as .txt files which it can't find? At a bit of a loss now

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

Hi. The only HUD configurations that can be imported are .xml files. How did you save your HUD as .txt files? Are you able to import the HUDs via the Database Manager > Import function?

No it doesn't import from there. I sample imported hands for the last 2 months and i have the 'HUD Config' Box ticked along with the others but nothing has come in. I have no idea why it's saved as .txt. I didn't change anything, that just seems to be the way that it automatically saves them and i'm not too computer savvy to know if they can be converted or not.

hemhelp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flushdraw888 View Post
    No it doesn't import from there. I sample imported hands for the last 2 months and i have the 'HUD Config' Box ticked along with the others but nothing has come in. I have no idea why it's saved as .txt. I didn't change anything, that just seems to be the way that it automatically saves them and i'm not too computer savvy to know if they can be converted or not.

hemhelp.jpg
    Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman

You can only import the prefs.xml from HM1 which will contain all of your custom HUDs in HM1. You can't export the HUDs separately from HM1 and import them one by one to HM2. You have to import them all at once by importing the entire prefs.xml file.