Report scrolling

Default Report scrolling

Hello,

The recent HM2 updates have added a lot of additional title spacing to the report stats, making a single stat take much more space than the actual data requires. Indentation for both stats and stats titles is not optimal and results in a lot of extra spacing. The huge dropdown arrow on the right side of each title makes things even worse.

All these makes reports with many stats added unreadable. I have been told that the spacing cannot be fixed at this point. However, please fix the leftmost title column, so when we scroll right we can still see what the stats refer to.

You can check the hand grouping report as an example. Scrolling right when multiple stats are present will result in losing the info what hand groups we are seeing stats for. This is a major design issue that should be easy to fix.

Thanks in advance!

We will take a look at these suggestions for a consideration in a future release. Thank you for the suggestions.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by geek View Post
    Hello,

The recent HM2 updates have added a lot of additional title spacing to the report stats, making a single stat take much more space than the actual data requires. Indentation for both stats and stats titles is not optimal and results in a lot of extra spacing. The huge dropdown arrow on the right side of each title makes things even worse.

All these makes reports with many stats added unreadable. I have been told that the spacing cannot be fixed at this point.
    This is by design in the new datagrid to try and make the stats fill the screen. If you only have a few stats selected in the report and set HM2 to full screen this means they will be stretched as wide as possible to fill the available space. I agree that there is room for improvement in some of the areas of the new datagrid and we will take your comments to heart but I am not sure if/when we will be making any related changes to the grid.

However, please fix the leftmost title column, so when we scroll right we can still see what the stats refer to.

You can check the hand grouping report as an example. Scrolling right when multiple stats are present will result in losing the info what hand groups we are seeing stats for. This is a major design issue that should be easy to fix.

Thanks in advance!
    This is a really good suggestion and I will forward it for internal discussion. I am not sure how easy it will be to implement but I agree this is something we need to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post

This is a really good suggestion and I will forward it for internal discussion. I am not sure how easy it will be to implement but I agree this is something we need to consider.
    Thanks fozzy. I understand that it might be technically difficult to improve current spacing and indentation. I am fine with that and understand that there might be technical limitations and obstacles.

The major issue is that each report that I add more than one page of stats to becomes completely unreadable. Thus, I hope the suggested work around by always displaying left title column is implemented soon enough. Otherwise, HM2 reports are effectively limited to about 20 stats, which is a major design limitation.

Thanks fozzy. I understand that it might be technically difficult to improve current spacing and indentation. I am fine with that and understand that there might be technical limitations and obstacles.

The major issue is that each report that I add more than one page of stats to becomes completely unreadable. Thus, I hope the suggested work around by always displaying left title column is implemented soon enough. Otherwise, HM2 reports are effectively limited to about 20 stats, which is a major design limitation.
    Yes, I have sent an email and a video for internal discussion. What I am hoping is that we can write a feature request for a divider of sorts that effectively makes 2 different grids, similar to what you see in the screen shot. I am not sure if this is possible, or how long it might take to implement, but it seems like a reasonable request for a future improvement if it is something the developers can achieve in our code.

12.07.2012-15.33.png

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Yes, I have sent an email and a video for internal discussion. What I am hoping is that we can write a feature request for a divider of sorts that effectively makes 2 different grids, similar to what you see in the screen shot. I am not sure if this is possible, or how long it might take to implement, but it seems like a reasonable request for a future improvement if it is something the developers can achieve in our code.

12.07.2012-15.33.png
    That certainly looks reasonable and will be enough to solve this major issue. However, don't you think that this will be technically more challenging than simply fixing the leftmost title column, so it never scrolls away?

That certainly looks reasonable and will be enough to solve this major issue. However, don't you think that this will be technically more challenging than simply fixing the leftmost title column, so it never scrolls away?
    I am not a developer so I don't know what is technically more difficult. We will discuss this among the tech/testing team and then forward our suggestions to the developers for consideration.