Tournament HUD Config for Consideration and Feedback - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hi guys

I have own tracker and this HEM licenses for years. I have played a lot of tournament poker and I have to say I love it! I have always liked to play a lot and not think too much about the results. At the beginning I was losing but truth was I was on hook for this game. Good for my finance I learned to play winning poker on 1$-33$ MTT-stakes. These are the stakes I can beat everytime.

At now I work part-time and I am a part-time MTT-player on Internet. I have forced myself to think more poker as a scientific view than just weekends fun. When I saw Ike´s HUD, I said to myself that I have to fix my HEM and use it for good! I worked with it at like 4hours. Now I understand more of this program. I think it is scary to think how someone can collect so much data on ring-games and use it even after even to crush fishes on tables who don´t even believe their nightmares how low they chances for winning is if they are playing "natural". My own humble opinion is that HEM and all other trackers should be banned to every site. I realised last week how much equity and € I have losed to tables all this years because I have not used trackers.

To the point. Thanks Ike for sharing this HUD with us. Everyone get to the crunch point sometimes when everything is falling apart. U can make it! I play only in european-friendly sites and these sites M is much lower all time in tournaments than FTP and STARS because blind structures are so fast. I worked this HUD to work and it does not work for me because I dont "need" so much information when most of time time my tournament table BB´-average is 1-20 in European site 10-33dollars tournaments. So folks keep your HUD simple enought, because too much information is just...too much

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEMAN View Post
    ...I dont "need" so much information when most of time time my tournament table BB´-average is 1-20 i

...keep your HUD simple enought, because too much information is just...too much
    So true.

A tournament HUD, in my opinion, is really great for making just a little bit more educated decisions about how to make plays against particular players.

Information on steal/resteal is important, but if someone in particular tries to steal my blind 3 orbits in a row, I'm going to three bet them regardless of what the HUD says, and regardless of what my cards are usually.

3bet and 4bet stats are good, but in small stakes tournaments, I don't see a lot of 3betting, and hardly ever a 4bet until the field is down to the last few tables. But when it does get down to that, even a small sample is pretty reflective of the player profile built by those stats.

Simple is best, but starting out simple and building and expanding the HUD and popups is good as you get better at interpreting the information faster.

I'm building some good samples on a lot of low stakes regs now and I find that win/showdown is a good stat to have somewhere in a popup, even though now, I'm already aware generally of their win/showdown stats to the point that I no longer have to look.

Anyway, the point of stats is to be able to PROFILE YOUR OPPONENTS in a way so that you know what plays can be effective against them, and how to stay out of trouble.

Hi

I found this "beginners tournament HUD" few pages backward and I also found there some good MTT-hud layouts. As Ike said HEM-using skill level will (I hope so) increase the time you use with it.

I multitabled last night 15 MTT-tables and I had a problems keeping up with the HEM even I simplified my own HUD alot. But I must start from the scratch; only VPIP,AGG,NAME,HANDS will be good stats to start

Anyone playing mini-FTOP:s on FTP?

thanks a lot for sharing your HUD configuration ,this is exactly what i was looking for

I also want to thank you for sharing the results of your great work with us, but there still is one question I'd like to ask:

Which configuration of the HUD Tourney Filters would you recommend for best use of this HUD?

I personally wouldn't recommend using any of the tourney filters. Those filters are only going to be useful with super deep stacks and long blind levels. I would say if you're playing $200+ buy-in games for a living are you going to need to use those filters.

I think the time it would take to get an accurate sample from those filters on particular players would take a really long time. If you need to know how a player changes his/her game from 25BB to 10BB, it's a good tool, but how long is someone going to be at 10 BB before busting or doubling up? You're only going to get one hand in your sample from a player with 10BB before he no longer has 10BB.

Just observe the player as they play and determine if they have skill in tournament play or not, then if they're at 10BB, just expect them to open shove a lot lighter with position (or without), and possibly attempt some kind of stop and go (or go and go) maneuvers.

I think those filters are good for players who are playing larger buy-in games against other regs that they end up playing against often. I would like to see a filter for the bubble to gauge how players become more aggressive or more timid on the bubble. That would be profitable.

I obviously haven't been playing online for a while, and I haven't really been playing live either lately. I'm dealing the WSOP this year (during which I rarely play at all), but after it's over, I'm going to commit a small chunk of change to improving my live NLHE game. NO HUD!

Thanks for the quick answer - and I hope the American players will be back on PokerStars soon.

Actually, I'm playing the German IntelliPoker Team League, three events the week, 12 events per month. (IntelliPoker is the European version of Poker School Online). Though it's only micro limits, the average strength of the players is much higher than in other micro limit MTTs - and you are playing against the same 70-80 players again and again, so the database is quickly developing. Unlike other MTTs, the HUD Tourney Filters could (if ever) fit perfectly for the Team League, but how?

Hi, I'm totally new at all this, I've always just used the stats that are factory set.

Anyway, I've downloaded the file on page 2. What do I do with it? I want to make my HUD look like the one on page 1

Edit, please ignore I've worked it out
    Last edited by ryanpb; 05-21-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Hi Ryah, are you still using the HUD today? Which version?

Hi I'm new to this program could you tell me what the big number means on this config? mostly between 4,0-0,5 ? Thanks!