Skin Fozzy Black #1

Question Skin Fozzy Black #1

Not really essential but I have some problems with the Fozzy Black Skin in the Tablescanner Tab. It doesn't show some text like for instance the filters (only the one that is marked - unmarked it seems to be white text and I can't find a way to change the text color seperately there). Same goes for profiles and the description text in the lower left corner. Any idea or is this just a feature of this skin?:-) Thx

I never used the scanner when making the skin, but there are a few places that have those visual bugs on the Tourneys tab also when using my black skin. Unfortunately, I don't think our skin designer has enough controls to change the things you want to.

I have another dark skin, but it is dark grey, instead of black. Maybe it will work better for you in those areas of the skin by providing more contrast.

Smile

Thx Fozzy. I'm going to try it. Too bad though because the black theme was sexy! :-)

I agree. I tried to get the developer to add a few more controls for editing those types of areas, when I noticed them, but they decided to leave it as is for now. The work involved would have been substantial to add those extra controls because of how integrated they are with the existing controls.

Maybe you can use my grey skin as a template to make a darker skin, somewhere in between my black and grey versions. I made both of those a couple of months ago and havent had time to work an any others. I actually think it would be better, because of those issues you noticed, to replace the black skin in the menu with the grey skin I posted here, or at least add it as an option. I am hoping to see some new user created skins in the future.

Smile

Ouch, that one bites my eyes. :-) The grey skin you've attached here seems to have the very same issues like the black one. Damn it.:-/ Well, I'm willing to play around with it to get a reasonable result but it would help if you have some syntax/manual for the skin files and the meaning of each value. Otherwise it's just mindblowing try and error.:-)

All you can do at this point is use the Skin Designer... to try and get contrast in those areas. Some of them simply may not be possible, if you use the white or light grey text colors. If I recall correctly, that is where the problem comes in?

Try this version of my grey skin, with black fonts instead of white.

Exclamation

Thx, this one works. Now I realize though it wasn't neccessary at all because I simply missed something:

The reason I've asked you for the meaning of the single values in the *.skn file was that I obviously overlooked some of the controls in the skin designer, so I thought SOME values are only accessable directly via the *.skn file (because maybe the skin designer isn't complete yet or something) which is part of the holdemmanager.config-file.
    Now I realized this isn't the case and changing the general text color to some other than black or white almost solves the problem with your black skin in the Tablescanner-Tab (the filter/profile/etc. that is marked with the "cursor" still has the black color though but that's not really a problem).

Here is my first take for now (in case the red is too much for you just take the second attached skin). All general text colors except white/black will work more or less good. The tourney summaries text is still black+dark blue and not or not very nice (the blue part) readable (in this red/black theme that is), can't fix it atm. The 2. attached theme has no flaws afaik though.

Last edited by DonkeyMonkey; 08-29-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Where I must put that file to change my default skin of HEM?

You just need to import the skin-files from within the Holdem Manager via Options/Skin Designer/Import.