Tournament equity change for all hands

Default Tournament equity change for all hands

Hello,
    Since tournament equity is already being calculated for all-in hands, I would love to have a statistic available on every single hand which is simply the change in ICM equity for that hand. I think this is far more relevant to tournament players than bb/100. It should be available in the hand list as well.
    In general, when looking for problem areas in one's game a problem is measured in loss of $ tournament equity, not loss of chips or big blinds.
    Right now there is some confusion in the naming of existing stats. $EV Diff in the hand list is the same as $ICM Diff in the reports but these are only really useful for luck adjusted winnings. I would like $EV Diff to be concerned with all-in equity and $ICM Diff to be the difference in tournament equity over the hand without regard to any all-in equity and for both of these stats to be available in the hand list and reports.
    Thanks.

How do you define 'tournament equity' exactly?
    In STTs, you'd like to see the EV Diff for every allin hand?

And you'd want it more clear that there is EV Diff for individual hands, and $ICM Diff for the 'sum of all the EV Diffs of one STT + the outcome of the game''?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

By tournament equity, I mean your ICM calculated equity in the tournament. This can be expressed as % equity in the total prize pool (eg. at the start of a 6-max STT it will be 17%) or in $ or some other currency. To keep it consistent with the existing $EV Diff stat it should be in dollars but in general % equity would allow better comparison between different buy-in levels.
    Since tournament equity can be calculated before and after every hand (not just allin hands), I would like to know the change over every single hand. This would be a complete replacement for the bb/100 stat which is not really relevant to STT players.
    All the mechanisms for this are already in place. The $EV Diff stat is just taking it one step further by factoring in allin equity for luck adjustment purposes but that's not what I need.
    Here's an example of where it would be useful. You're 3-handed on the bubble with each player having the same stack size and the button puts in 90% of his stack. Hero elects to fold in SB in the hopes that the other stacks will become unbalanced. BB calls and folds to a flop bet. Hero's bb/100 is negative since he lost one small blind however his tournament equity has increased from 33% to 42% which is a hugely positive result.
    Note that no all-in occurred so holdem manager currently has nothing to say about the ICM situation.

Ah ok... so a ICM column in reports for every hand, that shows the ICM as a percentage of for example % equity of the total prize pool.

I've written this up as a new feature request, HM-6049 and added all your comments to the ticket.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here