Changing computer

Default Changing computer

I have HM 1 v1.11.06 and the laptop on which it is stored is slowly dying. How do I go about changing to another laptop including taking the current database and setup etc?

I'm not the most computer literate person so very clear and precise guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...estoreDatabase

Also backup your C:/HMArchive folder
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...estoreDatabase

Also backup your C:/HMArchive folder
    Thanks Pat. I will try this but a bit concerned that it looks complex.

I'm also concerned that the HM1 version that can be downloaded onto my new computer is a different one to the one I'm currently using (1.11.06) and the version that can be downloaded may not work well with Full Tilt at the moment - I understand that you're focussing al updates on HM 2 at present. I'd welcome your comments or assurances on that as if it doesn't work well with FT then it's not a great lot of use at the moment.

Mark

Backuping is the right way to transfer database to another PC.
    Copying C:\hmarchive and importing it's contents into new DB is even better.

Regardling FTP and HM1 - please read this text

Quote Originally Posted by Sarek View Post
    Backuping is the right way to transfer database to another PC.
    Copying C:\hmarchive and importing it's contents into new DB is even better.

Regardling FTP and HM1 - please read this text
    Except that I can't backup the file in the first place - this is the error message that I'm getting:

rocess returned exit code 1.
    C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe -h localhost -p 5434 -U postgres -F c -b -D -v -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Hawaii\Hawaii 3 year projections - Medium Growth\2012\HEM.backup" "HoldemManager"
    pg_dump: server version: 8.4.8; pg_dump version: 8.3.15
    pg_dump: aborting because of version mismatch (Use the -i option to proceed anyway.)
    pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

I'm not certain what sort of file I should be backing up to and am also concerned that the istructions givenm say they are for advanced PC users - I'm not one!

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
    In which PostgreSQL version was the HM1 database you're trying to backup created?

The error suggests a mismatch, where you're using SQL 8.4.x now, but the backup was created with SQL 8.3.x.
    Those are not compatible with each other. You can only backup (and restore) a SQL 8.3.x database, when you're also using PostgreSQL 8.3.x
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Default Still having problems....

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
    In which PostgreSQL version was the HM1 database you're trying to backup created?

The error suggests a mismatch, where you're using SQL 8.4.x now, but the backup was created with SQL 8.3.x.
    Those are not compatible with each other. You can only backup (and restore) a SQL 8.3.x database, when you're also using PostgreSQL 8.3.x
    Following your guidelines it takes me to a page which shows that my Hold em manager is stored in 8.4. The same directory also seems to have some files with v 8.2 and 8.3 but these don't contain any references to HEM. I have no idea what version the HM1 database is created in - how do I find that out? Sorry this is getting rather complicated for my flimsy PC skills to deal with. I tried the backup and restore wizard today taking the files from my old PC and restoring them to my new PC but this didn't work - HEM said something about not seeing a postgres version. I then had to uninstall and install it all again as I was then effectively locked out of HEM. Sorry but I really need what may seek like 'horsey ducky' advice to you as I don't really know what to do. Without this I think I'm resigned to simply leaving all the old hands on the old PC.

Separately I've loaded 888 (Pacific) onto my new laptop but whilst HEM is seeing the hands and they are being saved in a hand history file I'm not getting any HUD on the website. I seem to remember getting this before when I first started at 888 on the old PC but am unsure of how to resolve it - hope you can help on this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
    Following your guidelines it takes me to a page which shows that my Hold em manager is stored in 8.4. The same directory also seems to have some files with v 8.2 and 8.3 but these don't contain any references to HEM. I have no idea what version the HM1 database is created in - how do I find that out? Sorry this is getting rather complicated for my flimsy PC skills to deal with. I tried the backup and restore wizard today taking the files from my old PC and restoring them to my new PC but this didn't work - HEM said something about not seeing a postgres version. I then had to uninstall and install it all again as I was then effectively locked out of HEM. Sorry but I really need what may seek like 'horsey ducky' advice to you as I don't really know what to do. Without this I think I'm resigned to simply leaving all the old hands on the old PC.
    If I am understanding this thread correctly it sounds like your backup was created with 8.3 but it won't restore to your new PC which has 8.4 installed. I would suggest you try reinstalling 8.3 to the new machine to see if you can then restore the backup file, or just backup your old computer's database manually and import everything manually.

To reinstall 8.3:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    4) reboot.
    5) Install PostgreSQL 8.3.x from this page - Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB

If you want to just backup everything manually isntead:

Export your Hand Histories
    http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...6+Export+Hands

Export Your Notes
    http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/notes-02.jpg

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback ' Options > Rakeback & Bonuses http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/...bonuses-01.jpg

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/...ta-view-01.jpg

Then can you create a new database http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...elete+Database

Finally reimport all your hands/notes/summaries into the new database

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Separately I've loaded 888 (Pacific) onto my new laptop but whilst HEM is seeing the hands and they are being saved in a hand history file I'm not getting any HUD on the website. I seem to remember getting this before when I first started at 888 on the old PC but am unsure of how to resolve it - hope you can help on this also.
    Regarding HM1 and Pacific please see this thread - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...st-update.html

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HMONE-183: Pacific: no HUD on cash tables after client update

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.