Postgre error message upon HM1 installation attempt

Default Postgre error message upon HM1 installation attempt

Hello, I am having issues installing PostGre and HEM1 onto my Windows 8 PC. After downloading the package and attempting to install it I get the same error message. I have tried it three different times and nothing works.

I cannot figure this out. I've tried everything. Who can I PM to schedule a teamviewer installation session?

thank you

What sort of error message do you get?

Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ade-guide.html
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    What sort of error message do you get?

Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ade-guide.html
    when I am starting the installation process midway through it just says PostGre could not be installed. I still don't know if it is now. Upon trying to load up HEM I get the "The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

Yesterday I got the error message that PostGre couldn't be installed. And today I'm now getting that one.

Only install HM1 (without PostgreSQL)

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Also check your hosts file and read:
    http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182

Then install PostgreSQL manually with the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database
    If 8.4.x won't run install 8.2: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Only install HM1 (without PostgreSQL)

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Also check your hosts file and read:
    http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182

Then install PostgreSQL manually with the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database
    If 8.4.x won't run install 8.2: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip
    I downloaded HM1 and installed it alone without PostGre.
    It appeared as if the secondary log on was turned on already; but I went ahead stopped it and then started it again.
    The host file was correct and didn't need to be edited.
    Upon trying to install PostGre manually by itself midway through the installation process it said it could not finish because of some "cluster" problem.

Just to be sure I went ahead and tried to start up HEM again and got the same error message. I did the things you told me to do, but I still can't seem to get this working. Help please.

thanks

Please perform these actions and send the information with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com

Please let us know when you are available in GMT time for a teamviewer session. Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

The World Clock

This link will help you convert your time.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 Make sure you have updated your windows using the Windows Update feature Microsoft Windows Update Please keep checking for updates until windows shows twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates.
    2 Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue
    Please download this version, it's the only one compatible with our version.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa..._5.1.13999.exe

After the meeting is set up, then

Please email the ID and password 5-10 minutes before.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by heroinDREAMS1943 View Post
    I downloaded HM1 and installed it alone without PostGre.
    It appeared as if the secondary log on was turned on already; but I went ahead stopped it and then started it again.
    The host file was correct and didn't need to be edited.
    Upon trying to install PostGre manually by itself midway through the installation process it said it could not finish because of some "cluster" problem.

Just to be sure I went ahead and tried to start up HEM again and got the same error message. I did the things you told me to do, but I still can't seem to get this working. Help please.

thanks
    I had the same problem this week. In the end, I was able to try every troubleshooting step and fix I found on the internet except installing an ie9 update from windows update, which kept failing. To get that update I had to do an in-place upgrade/repair installation of windows (7 in my case). After that I was able to install all updates and get postgres installed.

Patvs, Udbrky, and Ouch8s

Thank you all for your help in this thread. I just went ahead and decided to upgrade to HEM2. I have everything working fine so far. Thanks for all of your help and input in this thread though.

I appreciate it