1.11.04 - Optimization don´t work

Default 1.11.04 - Optimization don´t work

HEM Database Maintenance - Optimization

I try a full Optimization, but, i get this:

[17/08/2010 09:14 a.m.] Reading databases . . .done
    [17/08/2010 09:15 a.m.] Starting optimization
    [17/08/2010 09:15 a.m.] Optimizing HMDB...[17/08/2010 09:32 a.m.] error: ERROR: 57014: cancelando consulta debido a una petición del usuario[17/08/2010 09:32 a.m.] error: en Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3> d__a.MoveNext()
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    en Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
    en HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
    en HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[17/08/2010 09:32 a.m.] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

Windows Vista
    InteCore 2 Duo
    4Gb RAM

Can you try a manual vacuum and let me know if the manual vacuum works for you?

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database

Quote Originally Posted by B-Money View Post
    Can you try a manual vacuum and let me know if the manual vacuum works for you?

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database
    Yes of course, i will try later.

I can said, i make a Quick Optimization and WORK !!!!

Now, i´m making a Standard Optimization.....and....i don´t know....is working...

I will let to know results later.

Update:

Standard Optimization WORK !!!

Now, vacuuming....

Update2:

1) Vacuuming .... OK

2) Quick Optim ....OK

3) Standard Optim .... OK
    Last edited by Galoper; 08-17-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Exclamation

What exactly does the HM intern DB optimization do? Just the same like Vacuum (full/analyze) + Reindex in Pgadmin?
    I get this message while trying the full optimization (the PGadmin processes Vacuum/reindex work without problem btw):

(Edit: The same happens with the same error message when I try the standard and quick optimization, but again: the Pgadmin vacuum/reindex works without error)

Any Reason for this?

[25.08.2010 14:40] Reading databases .done [25.08.2010 14:40] Starting optimization [25.08.2010 14:40] Optimizing HoldemManager...[25.08.2010 14:58] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[25.08.2010 14:58] error: bei Npgsql.NpgsqlState.
    d__a.MoveNext() bei Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum) bei Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen() bei Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources() bei Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector) bei Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector) bei Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector) bei Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector) bei Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close() bei HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type) bei HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[25.08.2010 14:58] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com
    Last edited by DonkeyMonkey; 08-25-2010 at 09:40 AM.

FAQ talks about what the three different options do. Yes, it's a vacuume, analyze, reindex tool.

I honestly don't have an answer for you with the error. We are going to be contracting the guy who wrote this tool for a couple updates and during this time he'll be looking at a few bugs that have been reported with it.

It's hard because people can have a ton of different postgreSQL configurations on their PC and my guess is most of these problems are either custom postgres password issues and/or people who did a non-standard postgres install.

Reminds me... How was your postgres installed? Did Holdem Manager install it? IE, you installed Holdem Manager after Jan 1st of this year?

KK thx, didn't read the FAQs about it this time because last time I checked there the usual Pgadmin way to optimze the DB was described.

No, HoldemManager did not installl HM. I'm running HM since about 1,5 years and my postgres is/was installed with the original installer from the postgresql.org site, on E:\Programs\PostgreSQL. Obv not the standard password too but that should be no problem since HM has/needs the pw for startup anyway. Latest postgresql version 8.4.4. atm, same goes for HM (beta 1.11.05 beta 7).
    It starts to "optimize" too, HD's are working, and it runs for like 5-10 mins therefore it must have access to the DB. Then suddenly it interrupts with this strange "ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request" - Error while nobody requested anything, much less cancelling the process.:-)

Well, as long as the HM intern optimze tool does obvious nothing different than Vacuum (full/analyze)+Reindex when executed via Pgadmin it's no such a big deal anyway since this runs completely error free. Still strange though because HM works flawlessly in any way with my DB, so should the optimization tool. I don't see a real reason why it shouldn't/couldn't. I used the "tune tool" of HM too, which alters the postgresql.conf.

Well, let's see if the responsible guy can find something. Can't be a biggie if anything else with the DB works.

Thx so far.
    Last edited by DonkeyMonkey; 08-26-2010 at 02:36 AM.

I have this same problem. Postgres is installed fine and works like a charm. But optimizing doesn't. But it works perfectly through pgadmin.

Oh and i'm running windows xp so it's not vista thing.

if you have success in vacuum and reindex via pgadmin - just use it for now
    as it was told earlier - there is a lot of Postgres configurations, so it's possible some of them don't work via HM