HUD freezes on iPoker - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Email us the logging file to support@holdemmanager.com

So did you uninstall your antivirus program.. or just turn it off?
    Which antivirus program?
    it is not norton, i use AVG on vista and i obviously turn it off, not uninstall it...

some simple instructions for generating the log file?

The problems with Norton started when Norton SONAR would either delete hmhud.exe (even if it was added to the exceptions list!) or would completely block it (causing TableManager to freeze/crash)

Norton released a fix for this (for Norton 2010), and it was suggested it's fixed in 2011 versions of Norton.

Just try to temporarily completely uninstall it, to see if you still have crashing/freezing issues.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Just try to temporarily completely uninstall it, to see if you still have crashing/freezing issues.
    Yea sorry but that's just not an option.
    I'll see if the problem occurs again and if it does i'll let you know
    Still have plan B with using an older HM version.

No problems these last few days

Pavs could you address my latest post specifically?

twice what did you to resolve the situation so far?

hud options--> table preferences: Please enable logging in the table preferences window.

The log file should appear in the HoldemManager/Logs folder.
    Email it to support@holdemmanager.com.

Also just schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer session.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by kamachos View Post
    twice what did you to resolve the situation so far?
    only added hmhud.exe holdemmanager.exe & hmimport.exe to my antivirus safelist

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.
    I did this, updated to 1.11.06e-1 and the problem persists.

I have Windows Vista 64-bit and Norton 360.

So you are telling me that Norton crashes the HUD when I'm playing the Jackpot tables on Pacific poker when they aren't full. And somehow Norton does not make the HM HUD crash when I'm playing on the full tables (i.e. no empty seats)? I find that very strange.

Last Saturday I had no problems playing for 3 hours without crashing, but then I opened a Jackpot table where I was the second player - after a few hands the hud crashed. When I killed the process and started the import it would immediately stop responding. I did this 5 times just to be sure. So it doesn't appear to be random for me, just when I play the fullring jackpot tables which are not yet full.

From an earlier session I remember that once I played at a table that made the hud crash, but when I left the table and sat again when the table was full I could play normally without the HUD crashing.

Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa....11.06h-2a.exe

Norton has a history for screwing up the detection of tables in TableManager.
    Turn off Norton SONAR (make sure Norton is updated to the 2011 release).. and add hmhud.exe to its exceptions list. (and to its firewall exceptions list)

looks like you have to remove the 3 .exe's from you norton safe list first before updating, else it won't install without errors
    Last edited by twiice; 06-07-2011 at 11:33 AM.