postgreSQL crashing computer?

Angry postgreSQL crashing computer?

I went out and bought a brand new PC two days ago after my old PC (~3 yrs) kept crashing while I was in a session. Figured it was just old so I decided to upgrade. I installed ONLY the merge client, HEM, and google chrome. Within minutes my brand new computer crashed. I talked to ASUS support and they've never heard of anything like this happening before, to a brand new computer at least. I checked the error log or whatever as instructed by HEM support and found this :

-

0x80000000000000

Application
    blaisebot

-
    //./root/CIMV2
    SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
    0x80041003

-
    -

0x80000000000000

Application
    blaisebot

-
    2012-10-10 11:57:16 EDTFATAL: the database system is starting up

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

2012-10-10 12:28:04 EDTFATAL: the database system is starting up

No idea what any of that means, but I did notice the source on one of the problems was postgreSQL. After the computer crashing 3 more times, going to the blue screen, and doing a system recovery on 2 separate occasions, I decided to delete postgreSQL, and now my computer is working totally fine, no crashing what so ever.

I have since reinstalled hem and postgresql and I deleted the postmaster.pid file as instructed by support. Am I missing something else here that would cause postgres to crash two completely different computers? Seems odd that no one else has had this problem.

You didn't use the old computer's harddisk... or restored a backup of your database?

Which Operating System are you using? Is it updated to the latest service pack, with all .net framework updates installed?

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here