Boss Media Hands Import Error HM1 --> HM2 - 200k Hs not imported

Default Boss Media Hands Import Error HM1 --> HM2 - 200k Hs not imported

Hi,

sry for opening a new thread, but I cant fix this and i cant find a solution in the forums.

HM1 is working fine on my PC, importing all Hs correctly (Stars, Pacific, Paradise (BossMedia)...

Anyway I did upgrade to HM2 this weekend, after importing all hands from HM1 (did last several hours 1.300.000 Hs) I realized that most of the Boss Media Hs are missing. All Hs of the other networks have been imported correctly. There are 200.000 Boss Media Hs in the HM1 database, the HM2 database did import only 800! I dont know how to fix this. All my import settings are correct and i did update to the latest version of HM1 + HM2.

Seems that HM1 can read the Boss Media HHfiles, but HM2 does not.

tx in advance for ur help
    Last edited by pfox88; 10-02-2012 at 02:01 PM.

This is a known bug that we are actively testing and trying to resolve.

HM-5594: Import from HM1 to HM2 misses hands [BOSS]

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

Can you send us a sample of original Boss hands from your HM1 archive to use in our testing? Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

For now you will probably want to create a new database in HM2 and manually import the original hands from your HM1 archive folder instead of importing them directly from the HM1 database.

*Try creating a new DataBase - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...m+Manager+2%3F
    *Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Hand+Importing
    All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.
    *If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
    *Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...r+%28Ribbon%29

Hi, tx for the reply.

Unfortunatly it wasnt helpful because I already tried all of that before i did contact u.
    I already did copy the Boss HHFiles from HM to HM2 manually. The problem is that HM2 does not recognize the files as HHFiles. But HM1 does.

The same problem occures while autoimporting. While im playing the Hud Stats do update. When I quit and start a new session the next day HM2 does not remember my last session. In my opinion the bug can be fixed by using the same HandHistory process for Boss HH Files as used in HM1..

Is that possible?
    Last edited by pfox88; 10-02-2012 at 06:24 PM.

HM1 and HM2 use the exact same parsing code already for newly imported files. The problem I was mentioning is a problem with the way that HM2 exports the hands from the HM1 database to be imported to the HM2 database.

Do the reports show your hands/stats from the previous session/days? The original hands should import without issue and if the HUD is working the hands should show in the reports. Please send us some hands. Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Are you saying that your Hero HUD starts over the next day/table? If so, this is to be expected.

For the opponents it should show their lifetime history. HM is designed to only show your hero session stats at that table as we felt it was a lot more useful. HM1 behaved the same way.

ok, my fault. You are absolutly right. The Hands that are autoimported stay in the database. Only the imported Boss hands from HM1 are missing. I know that the Hero HUD is set to zero for every new table... I just thought that i did play some hands against the same opponent yesterday and the hands were missing. The reason was that i switched the databases to check if I could resolve the Boss problem on my own. So some of my hands are in the Test database. I just played a short session to be sure that autoimporting works fine and it does.

Anyway it would be great if u could resolve the issue with the HM1 import. Otherwise I lose 200k hs...

I did send u a few of my Boss hands.

Tx a lot for the great support so far.

We have received the hands and forwarded them to a tester to be tested. I added a note to the email for the tester to let me know if he needs any help testing it as I don't have time to test them myself today. Once the hands have been thoroughly tested we will reply via email with our results.