export notes to HM1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So I need HM1 to import the notes into my HM2 database and afterwards, I should have all the notes displayed at the tables using the database with HM2? Have I got that right?

Quote Originally Posted by wHizard82 View Post
    So I need HM1 to import the notes into my HM2 database and afterwards, I should have all the notes displayed at the tables using the database with HM2? Have I got that right?
    I am not sure I understand what exactly you are trying to do. The people before you in this thread were trying to get their player notes from their HM2 database to their HM1 database. Please explain in detail what it is you are trying to accomplish and we will try to help you as best as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I am not sure I understand what exactly you are trying to do. The people before you in this thread were trying to get their player notes from their HM2 database to their HM1 database. Please explain in detail what it is you are trying to accomplish and we will try to help you as best as we can.
    This is exactly what I need to do as well.

I've got a incomplete database (Win crash and reinstall - database folder is gone) in form of the old PostgreSQL data folder and a backup of that folder (HoldemManager\database folder got lost in the meantime). [I hope that all the notes are in PostgreSQL part of the Database and not in the HM2 database folder?!]

So, I assume that I have to get the notes out of the corrupt/incomplete database, then I import them with HM1 into the 2nd (and new with HM2 created and working database)?

This is exactly what I need to do as well.

I've got a incomplete database (Win crash and reinstall - database folder is gone) in form of the old PostgreSQL data folder and a backup of that folder (HoldemManager\database folder got lost in the meantime). [I hope that all the notes are in PostgreSQL part of the Database and not in the HM2 database folder?!]

So, I assume that I have to get the notes out of the corrupt/incomplete database, then I import them with HM1 into the 2nd (and new with HM2 created and working database)?
    To be able to do what Sarek posted you need to get your HM2 database/backup working properly. If the parent \database folder is missing, and was missing when you created the backup, I don't think that is possible.

To be able to do what Sarek posted you need to get your HM2 database/backup working properly. If the parent \database folder is missing, and was missing when you created the backup, I don't think that is possible.
    Nothing is impossible. I've been able to save notes from my incomplete/corrupt DB as .csv file. I understand that I have to import them in HM1 (or ist that only to use them with HM1?) but how do I get them into my new HM2 database? Do I have to open the HM2-database with HM1 and export them into this one, and afterwards I can properly use them with HM2 (I don't think so..)?! How do I have to proceed?
    Last edited by wHizard82; 12-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.

How do I have to proceed?

Yes, read post #7 from this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ml#post1469232

HM1 was never designed to be forward compatible with HM2. (HM2 is designed to be backward compatible with HM1). So we only have a bugticket so HM2 can import a HM1 exported notes file (HM-2260).
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Yes, read post #7 from this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ml#post1469232

HM1 was never designed to be forward compatible with HM2. (HM2 is designed to be backward compatible with HM1). So we only have a bugticket so HM2 can import a HM1 exported notes file (HM-2260).
    I read that before.

The point is, that Fozzy mentioned in an email that it is possible to save notes from HM2 via extracting a backup file (which I don't have)...So I guess it IS already also possible to manually (!) import these notes into HM2 db at the moment, but HOW?? (I've created that .csv file already from post #7, so how do get the notes back into a new and different HM2 database)

I read that before.

The point is, that Fozzy mentioned in an email that it is possible to save notes from HM2 via extracting a backup file (which I don't have)...So I guess it IS already also possible to manually (!) import these notes into HM2 db at the moment, but HOW?? (I've created that .csv file already from post #7, so how do get the notes back into a new and different HM2 database)
    It is not possible to import the extracted playernotes.xml file into HM2 automatically. I mentioned that they could be recovered with this method but had to manually be added, one player at a time, via the HUD notes.

We have tickets open to add notes import functionality to HM2 without a database backup file but there is no ETA for when they might be implemented:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarek View Post
    We have two open (not resolved yet) tickets
    HM-3104 Feature: add manual import notes from file (not from DB)
    HM-2260 Ability To Import Notes from HM1 and to export from HM2

They both (when resolved) should make life easier

If you want to be notified when ticket is fixed please send an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and include "Notify Me When XXXX Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

It is not possible to import the extracted playernotes.xml file into HM2 automatically. I mentioned that they could be recovered with this method but had to manually be added, one player at a time, via the HUD notes.

We have tickets open to add notes import functionality to HM2 without a database backup file but there is no ETA for when they might be implemented:
    Sarek sent me an email but the last and most important step hasn't been clear. He writes that I've got to import the recovered notes into a new HM1 db and also have to import my hands into that db. Then he further writes that I have to completely import that DB into HM2. Well, I don't know how to do the last step, so that I get a HM2 db with the notes back in it?!

Sarek sent me an email but the last and most important step hasn't been clear. He writes that I've got to import the recovered notes into a new HM1 db and also have to import my hands into that db. Then he further writes that I have to completely import that DB into HM2. Well, I don't know how to do the last step, so that I get a HM2 db with the notes back in it?!
    Were you able to import your .csv notes file to HM1? HM1 exports notes as ExportedNotes.HMNotes files so I wasn't aware it could import the .CSV files you mentioned.

To import a HM1 database to HM2 go to the Database > Import > Import From: Holdem Manager 1 > Database: 'database with notes'