Hm2 lagging and frezzing the computer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hm2 lagging and frezzing the computer

Hi,
    when I try and open HM2, it starts to lag a lot, mixing between "responding" and "not responding" status, to the point it freezes my computer. Then i have to kill the service and even that is hard because of the lag.

I may have had my windows uptaded in this time, other than that i didnt notice anything. I tryed reinstalling it and same thing happens. Holdem manager 1 is working here.

Is it happening to anyone else? Any ideas on how it may be fixable?

thanks

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life

Im using windows 7, with avast and malware bytes anty-malware and using windows firewall.

What do u mean by a manual update?

I dont believe these first aid procedures will solve the problem, as It was working before and now its not and I havent changed anything major from what i remember.

ty

I do have the same problem. HM2 freezes completely and i note that because hud doesn't update itself every hand. I have to kill the process anytime. Is worth noting that the same problem occurred before formatting the pc and after (atm I'm without antivirus or firewall, before i had them). THis is a problem which came since the first time i used this software. Please solve it because is really annoying

Also add pg_ctl.exe, postgres.exe and port 5432 to the firewall exceptions.

Run a Windows Update. Automatic Windows Update will only prompt you for critical updates.
    .net framework and vc++ updates are optional updates.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Also add pg_ctl.exe, postgres.exe and port 5432 to the firewall exceptions.

Run a Windows Update. Automatic Windows Update will only prompt you for critical updates.
    .net framework and vc++ updates are optional updates.
    I checked everything u told me to do and everything is ok. The updates are fine, framework is at it latest, firewall permissions are there. Ive always used HM2 in this computer, so I dont think its one of those postgre or firewall or antivirus issues.

I tried unistalling and reinstalling and didnt not work. I tried restoring the computer to a date it was working and in fact it got solved for a few minutes. HM2 opened normally. The difference was that I was using another DB back then, So I thought it was a problem with the new DB I had to create. So i made a fresh one again and the problem came back after few minutes.

Little more info about it, when I open HM, my computer starts to lag almost to a complete freeze. I can hear the noise of the CPU working really hard, and it goes on forever, non stop. I then, can only, very hardly by all the lag,kill the service which at that point is at 6.000.000 K, which is bigger than what normally is.

- Try to disable the HUD Options > Displayed Stats > [ ] Show Caddy Notes
    - Close HM2
    - Vacuum, Analyze, and Reindex your database via pgadmin - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...lyze+Database+

See if that helps improve the performance. If it helps, please try enabling the Caddy Notes again and see if the problems return so we can try to narrow this down further. If the problems don't return then your database was just in need of maintenance.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file in an email and give us your location details so we can schedule a remote support session - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update
    * - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
    2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    - Try to disable the HUD Options > Displayed Stats > [ ] Show Caddy Notes
    - Close HM2
    - Vacuum, Analyze, and Reindex your database via pgadmin - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...lyze+Database+

See if that helps improve the performance. If it helps, please try enabling the Caddy Notes again and see if the problems return so we can try to narrow this down further. If the problems don't return then your database was just in need of maintenance.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file in an email and give us your location details so we can schedule a remote support session - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update
    * - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
    2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue
    Thanks for the further help.

After doing the maintaince of the DB and deleting the DBs that couldnt open HM2 at the beggining I was able to at least open up the program.
    Im not playing today, so Im gonna only test the whole thing after few days. If I still need then I will schedule the teamviewer session with u.

Good support, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joaomathias View Post
    Thanks for the further help.

After doing the maintaince of the DB and deleting the DBs that couldnt open HM2 at the beggining I was able to at least open up the program.
    Im not playing today, so Im gonna only test the whole thing after few days. If I still need then I will schedule the teamviewer session with u.

Good support, thanks.
    Thank you for the update. If the problems continue when you try playing again please email us for a remote support session and we will try to get you scheduled ASAP as we are very interested to know what might be causing your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Thank you for the update. If the problems continue when you try playing again please email us for a remote support session and we will try to get you scheduled ASAP as we are very interested to know what might be causing your problems.
    Yesterday I played a session and it worked. Althoug before the session I was struggling to open HM2. The program was opening but it didnt matter which tab I was trying to open(home, reports, active session,etc), the main screen would always stay at the first page, with the videos, links and news showing. The, after restarting Hm few times, it started to load up the hands and finally the program was back.

Now Im trying to open notecaddy and its not opening again.

So, theres still an issue, but now I cant point it exactly now anymore. The program is beeing very slow sometimes or not responding to my actions. Not always.

I think theres an issue with some old DBs or maybe notecaddy.

This guy is having the same issue, it seems:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...-freeze-2.html