Hm2 lagging and frezzing the computer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by joaomathias View Post
    Yesterday I played a session and it worked. Althoug before the session I was struggling to open HM2. The program was opening but it didnt matter which tab I was trying to open(home, reports, active session,etc), the main screen would always stay at the first page, with the videos, links and news showing. The, after restarting Hm few times, it started to load up the hands and finally the program was back.

Now Im trying to open notecaddy and its not opening again.

So, theres still an issue, but now I cant point it exactly now anymore. The program is beeing very slow sometimes or not responding to my actions. Not always.

I think theres an issue with some old DBs or maybe notecaddy.

This guy is having the same issue, it seems:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...-freeze-2.html
    Try creating a new database and see if the problem persists. If the problem goes away you can be fairly sure it is the fault of your database which would not surprise me given the history in this thread.

*Try creating a new DataBase - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...m+Manager+2%3F
    *Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Hand+Importing
    All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.
    *If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
    *Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...r+%28Ribbon%29

If you continue to have problems, please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update
    * - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
    2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Try creating a new database and see if the problem persists. If the problem goes away you can be fairly sure it is the fault of your database which would not surprise me given the history in this thread.

*Try creating a new DataBase - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...m+Manager+2%3F
    *Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Hand+Importing
    All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.
    *If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
    *Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...r+%28Ribbon%29

If you continue to have problems, please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
    1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update
    * - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
    2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps
    3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
    4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

Hi,

I have tryed a new DB and it had solved the problem for a few minutes then it came back. Now I cant even create a new DB again cause I cant access HM2 funcionalites cause it freezes before it. I guess Im gonna schedule a meeting. It sucks so much not to have it working.

Please try this
    Run HM and set HUD options - Displayed stats - Show Caddy notes = OFF
    Then restart HM and see what happens

Same issues. HEM is killing my laptop and i have no anti virus or firewall turned on. I reinstalled Postgres and all the latest windows updates are installed.

Also, HM sync is timing out on the UPLOAD only. I have no other issues with my connection to postgres apart from when syncing. I have reformatted, reinstalled everything i can't work out what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBKK View Post
    Same issues. HEM is killing my laptop and i have no anti virus or firewall turned on. I reinstalled Postgres and all the latest windows updates are installed.
    Disabling them is not enough. If you have them installed you must set exceptions.

Does it help if you vacuum, analyze, and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...lyze+Database+

Does it help if you disable the HUD Options > Displayed Stats > [x] Show Caddy Notes?

We would like to take a closer look at your computer to figure out what is causing this. Please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer. Please let us know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBKK View Post
    Also, HM sync is timing out on the UPLOAD only. I have no other issues with my connection to postgres apart from when syncing. I have reformatted, reinstalled everything i can't work out what the problem is.
    This sync problem is a known/open bug. HM-5567: HM Sync: Falling Upload speeds on large databases and 'Error communicating to server'

We have previously added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarek View Post
    Please try this
    Run HM and set HUD options - Displayed stats - Show Caddy notes = OFF
    Then restart HM and see what happens
    Thanks.

Today I tried opening hm2 and letting it try to work over the whole night. Before that I had waited like 40min and assumed that it was in a infinite loop, because it was also fkin up my computer with freezing and terrible lag. But for my surprise when I checked hm2 this morning it was very calm and working.

Theres definitely a problem guys, since it took like 4 hrs to do whatever it had to do. Or is this not? Note caddy has to do with I think. I remember me activating caddy spark or caddy something and it had to create tons of new notes.

I think my problem is solved and I would advise everybody whos experiencing this to try and leave hm2 working for several hrs until it finishes his thing.

Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems.

I have lagging proplem also. i have try everything above but its not working. what can i do?

Quote Originally Posted by rutku View Post
    I have lagging proplem also. i have try everything above but its not working. what can i do?
    Please see the suggestions in this thread - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-...ml#post1584161