Serious problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious problem

Default Serious problem

I have been using HEM and TableNinja for a little under a year now, 24 tabling cash games. I did not have any problems until last week...

While playing in a session, all of the sudden everything went extremely choppy. If I clicked, there would be a lag of 1-3 seconds, and it wouldn't stop. I eventually timed-banked out of every table, losing some pots that I was in the middle of.

I thought that this might be an isolated incident, so I rebooted my computer and everything went fine until the next day when it happened again. After the third time, I decided to reset my computer to its original factory settings (My computer is six months old and top of the line. I only use it for poker).

After reformatting my computer, I reinstalled HEM, Tableninja and Pokerstars ONLY, and about half an hour into my session, the same thing happened.

I am assuming this is a problem with either HEM or Tableninja. It is also very weird that it is a SUDDEN change while I am in the middle of my session as opposed to my computer gradually getting slower as I open more and more tables.

Please, if anyone has experienced a similar problem or has a suggestion, I would be most grateful

Mike

Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver

Also try the top 10 performance tips in my sig and if the problem persists try some older versions and see if the problem persists FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Download Links For Past Builds
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by live4yng View Post
    I have been using HEM and TableNinja for a little under a year now, 24 tabling cash games. I did not have any problems until last week...

While playing in a session, all of the sudden everything went extremely choppy. If I clicked, there would be a lag of 1-3 seconds, and it wouldn't stop. I eventually timed-banked out of every table, losing some pots that I was in the middle of.

I thought that this might be an isolated incident, so I rebooted my computer and everything went fine until the next day when it happened again. After the third time, I decided to reset my computer to its original factory settings (My computer is six months old and top of the line. I only use it for poker).

After reformatting my computer, I reinstalled HEM, Tableninja and Pokerstars ONLY, and about half an hour into my session, the same thing happened.

I am assuming this is a problem with either HEM or Tableninja. It is also very weird that it is a SUDDEN change while I am in the middle of my session as opposed to my computer gradually getting slower as I open more and more tables.

Please, if anyone has experienced a similar problem or has a suggestion, I would be most grateful

Mike

SAME PROBLEMS HERE. It isn't only you...or me, THANK GOD.

It's frustrating though, I'm thinking of uninstalling everything !

Hi, sorry to hear your having issues, have you tried any of my suggestions, i know it appears there is an issue but it could just be coincidental either so please try those and let me know if it helps.

In the meantime ill ask Table Ninja support have they been having any other reports and if so well get this fixed asap if the problem is on our end.

Also can you confirm what version of HM you have
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

This is likely caused by a configuration error thats causing the program to work harder than it needs to. Please post in the TN forums and I'll be happy to sort out the problem or schedule a teamview session. Those of you with TableNinja problems should make a new thread here:

TableNinja - Holdem Manager Forums

For TableNinjaFT please go here:

TableNinjaFT - Holdem Manager Forums

My TN and HEM seem to be working fine now.

I reinstaleld HEM and PostgreSQL and deleted all my hand histories....basically started from scratch.

So far so good!!

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver

Also try the top 10 performance tips in my sig and if the problem persists try some older versions and see if the problem persists FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Download Links For Past Builds
    Hey thanks for the feedback. I was in Chicago for the weekend, but I am going to try all of these things before my session tonight and let you know how it goes.

I am running HEM 1.11.02

It happened again...

Here is the list of processes when it happened.

Also, I checked my Event Viewer and there were 160 instances of an Error with PostgreSQL which all occurred at the same time.

So I assume the problem is with Postgres, how should I go about fixing it?

Hi,

Can you post the details of the postgreSQL errors in event viewer. If there is more than 1 error please post those errors too

Most of them say something like this:

2010-07-01 13:57:04 EDTERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "uniqueserial"
    2010-07-01 13:57:04 EDTSTATEMENT: EXECUTE PKHEXECUTE(46204188639,2,to_timestamp('07/01/2010 05:11:46','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS'),7837,53,8,2,2,0,0,3,29,15,30,16,0,104 0,35,325,725,0,0,0,32,-1,2,2,True,-1,0,0,0,4,4,-1,-1,2,-1,0); select currval('pokerhands_pokerhand_id_seq')