Postgresql failed to install....

Default Postgresql failed to install....

I'm in the process of reinstalling software after wiping my pc
    Xp service pack 3. I reinstalled HM - Hm itself installed but I got a failure for PostgreSQL.

I've gone to the PostgreSQL site and I see they have PostgreSQL 9.0 beta2 available. I'm guessing that this is probably not advisable to use. So which version should I use? 8.4.4?

Hi,

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
    A) Go to Start > Programs (All Programs) > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click on command prompt and choose Run As Administrator
    net user postgres /delete
    B) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe

if that also fails Please follow step A again and try this version PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror

You could also pick ones up of the postgreSQL site, any 8.4 or 8.3 version would be advisable, 8.2 is kind of a last resort although theres no reason it wont work fine, but its a long time since that was released so obviously its better to be using a newer version, id stay away from the beta version for the time being until they release a beta
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Cheers Morny. I already tried 8.4.4.1 from the postgres site - the '1-click' install - it worked smoothly enough