Line analysis - issues and feature request
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HM2 Shark Tank Member

Default Line analysis - issues and feature request

1. Still no Cold call pre flop, meaning we can't tell villain's check raise\check call etc in a single raised pot w\o the initiative.

2. Allow us to save preset settings and quickly reclaim them via a combo box i.e
    I will be able to set a specific situation like villain check raise on monotone boards, and save it "XR_Mono"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My system - May 2012
    - Windows 7 - 64 Bit, PostgreSQL 8.4
    - 2600k @ 3.4Ghz (not OC)
    - 8 GB RAM
    - UAC is turned off
    - holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are running as admin
    - No Anti Virus
    - All hardware and software drivers are updated (inc. windows, .net, HM)

Thank you for the suggestions. I will forward these to my colleagues for discussion and consideration. If we decide to write these up as feature requests we will add your email address to the requests and reply back to this thread with the details of those tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by alish View Post
    1. Still no Cold call pre flop, meaning we can't tell villain's check raise\check call etc in a single raised pot w\o the initiative.
    This is actually already available in Opponents > Player Analysis > Line Analysis

So it looks like this only has to be added to Line Analysis available from HUD.

New bug written up: HM-5644: HUD Line Analysis is missing "Flatted" and "Flatted/Called"

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

09.10.2012-15.17.png

2. Allow us to save preset settings and quickly reclaim them via a combo box i.e
    I will be able to set a specific situation like villain check raise on monotone boards, and save it "XR_Mono"
    We have written up this request:

HM-5645
    Add option to save Line Analysis filters and reuse them later

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

09.10.2012-15.19.png

HM2 Shark Tank Member

The LA from HUD is what I referred to.
    It's also quite useless unless we can quickly load presets; imagine you're playing 6/8/10/etc tables and you wish to get some more information via LA. Now you have to do all settings and it takes a huge amount of time which you never have.
    We have to have the option to save settings and quickly load them via a combo box or other friendly method.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My system - May 2012
    - 8 GB RAM
    - UAC is turned off
    - No Anti Virus

Thank you for the clarification. It is definitely a good suggestion and something that we honestly should have thought of from the start.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

+1 for your reply, I'd be very happy to see it in the next release.
    My system - May 2012
    - 8 GB RAM
    - UAC is turned off
    - No Anti Virus

I doubt it will get added that quickly as we are planning another release in about 2 weeks and the queue is already full for what we hope to fit into that release. Once that release is out the door we will begin working on the new datagrid release so i doubt this will be considered for implementation until sometime after the datagrid has been released. It is simply impossible to make any sort of reliable ETA at this point but I will do what I can to expedite it for you.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

OK. What about the long awaited custom stats? I'm well aware of NC and using it but it's not a solid solution.
    My system - May 2012
    - 8 GB RAM
    - UAC is turned off
    - No Anti Virus

In what way is NoteCaddy not a solution to create custom stats?

Which stats would you like to have added to HM2?

I have currently have no eta when a custom stat builder will be added to HM2.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    In what way is NoteCaddy not a solution to create custom stats?

Which stats would you like to have added to HM2?

I have currently have no eta when a custom stat builder will be added to HM2.
    In a way that you need to process your entire db every time you wanna add a new stat.
    And that the stats are fixed in a way that it consider tables with 6 players such as i.e. 3 players.
    It also kills the computer because it's so resource consuming.

Which stats?
    I've already mentioned loads of stats I wish to see, but I'll go ahead and name a few: (just a few are currently existing)

1. Fold\Raise\Call Flop\Turn\River Cbet in single raised\3b\4b pot IP\OOP
    2. Cbet in single raised\3b\4b pot IP\OOP
    3. Check raise Flop\Turn\River in single raised\3b\4b pot
    4. Bet turn after XR\Raise IP on single raised\3b pot
    5. Bet river after XR\Raise IP on single raised\3b pot

Ranges:
    1. Why do we need to calculate the range of villain instead of having it already? example:
    Call 3b EP vs BB - it shows a % how many times villain has called the 3b, but in order to get an idea of his actual RANGE you need to go ahead and look for his open raise, then multiply his call vs 3b to get his range.
    2. All the 4b\5b positional stats i.e. CO 4b vs BTN, same goes here - it's in % but not in range. to get the range you need to multiply his 4bet % by his open %. Very uncomfortable and time consuming.

Misc:
    EXTREMELY important thing:
    The first (or few) hand\s, HM doesn't put the correct HUD on the players, many times I get confused and make decisions based on incorrect stats. I can't express enough how much buy ins I dropped and every time I keep telling to myself "HM first hand, remember!!!"

There is no reason why it works well for ZOOM, but not for normal tables. As suggested previously, you can use OCR to determine where are the players, until you get the full hand histories after some time.
    The OCR does NOT have to be 100% because you get all the players' names and so if in any case one player has not 100% recognized you still have all the other players. Also, you do not have to get 100% of the letters from the same player. The names are greatly different than each other that it's suffice to know small parts of each player and assign the HUD.
    All in all, I will happily accept 90% success rate than what I have now.
    That said, I will expect that the HUD will work even though I'm not seated at the table (yet) for situations that I want to rail the table or just look if it's good for me etc.

POP up designer:
    Why building something from scratch where you already have a winning interface to copy from? Just use Excel as a source of "inspiration" and get all the functionaily added to HM.
    Example:
    1. When you click on a single cell, why does it highlight the entire column? It's so inconvenient.
    2. Use keyboard to do certain actions like: Delete to delete a cell. Double click to edit its content assuming it's only text and not stat, hold click and drag to mark multiple cells and apply an attribute for all of the designated cells.
    The current interface has serious usability issues.

* The delete button, why does it open a browser to delete? I already marked what I want to delete, so when clicking "delete" button just delete it, or get a popup button to delete it.
    * Allow us to delete "default" popups. For novice users, if they make a mistake, you can add a "restore default popups"
    * when closing window, HM should remember the size of it.
    * Import: ETA on when it would be completed.
    * Support windows larger fonts.

Regarding the stats, please do not reply with "we already have this and this" please notice many of the stats exsists but not differentiated by the situation i.e we do have Fold to Cb turn in 3b, but not IP\OOP etc.

I had other suggestions as well, but I can't recall of them on the fly.
    Thanks,
    My system - May 2012
    - 8 GB RAM
    - UAC is turned off
    - No Anti Virus