The EV being incorrect myth
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The EV being incorrect myth

Why do so many people say the comparison of EVbb/100 v bb/100 for AIPF coin flips in tournaments is wrong? Really fail to see how such a simple sum could be wrong?
    Last edited by RunBad4Life; 09-07-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Most of the recent noise about Tourney EV on the forums is because there are some problems with the tourney detection of some pokerstars hypers which is causing the EV to be calculated incorrectly.

yeh im not takling about STT's or redlines. I'm talking about bb/100 in the reports....MTT SnG's included
    Last edited by RunBad4Life; 09-07-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RunBad4Life View Post
    yeh im not takling about STT's or redlines. I'm talking about bb/100 in the reports..
    I guess I don't understand what you are saying/asking. Can you give a specific example or attach a hand.

..MTT SnG's included
    EV is never calculated in MTT's.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ituations.html

What I am saying is extremely simple. reports, set filter to all in on the flop, bb/100, EVbb/100...the difference between the two. Correct or not, if not, why not?

It should be accurate for SNGs, unless you are playing on Pokerstars. There are some known bugs we have been working on with the results and EV for stars tourneys (Hypers in particular). The thread about the stars issue is here - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...pers-6max.html

Here is a link to the latest HM1 internal build - - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...uncements.html

Please download it and create a new database, then import a sample of recent hands. If you find any EV discrepancies for specific hands you want us to investigate please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

Pokerstars yes. Well I've had that version for months so switching databases didn't make any difference on figures.

Pokerstars yes. Well I've had that version for months so switching databases didn't make any difference on figures.
    That version in that announcement was just uploaded today.

oh well it says 1.12.11 which was out months ago? Regardless, there was no change to numbers anyway so I'm guessing they're correct. Not sure how you'd know if they were or weren't anyway...
    Last edited by RunBad4Life; 09-14-2012 at 09:14 AM.

oh well it says 1.12.11 which was out months ago? Regardless, there was no change to numbers anyway so I'm guessing they're correct. Not sure how you'd know if they were or weren't anyway...
    1.12.10b was released in June. Sometime in July or August we changed the version number of our internal builds to '1.12.11 Internal' to help us identify if a customer reporting problems was still using the official release or a newer internal release.

To check the actual version number you need to right-click the HoldemManager.exe > Properties > Details:

The 10Sept build is .7322 I believe.

09.14.2012-12.47.png

If you think the numbers are incorrect please send us some screen shots and hand history files for testing, along with a detailed description of what you think is wrong. Without the actual hand histories we can't really help determine if there might be a problem and there are no screen shots or hands attached to this thread yet.

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com