Installation problems (postgres related)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Installation problems (postgres related)

I'm able to get HEM installed up until the point shown in the attached JPEG. Can someone help me get past this please?

Try rebooting in case the port is locked up or something

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
    A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    B) Reboot.
    C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

No luck with it. When I tried the command prompt it said that postgres couldn't be found so I went straight to the installer but that said it couldn't install postgres either.

This version should work so PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

I'm able to get it begin installing however it stops near the end saying the password used isn't complex/long enough. For the first password I used a generated one and for the second password I used my own. Should I change my own?

Sounds like there is something wrong with the system, can you try using the latest windows update and update to the newest service pack, this should repair any corrupt system files if there is any, you might need to reboot several times and run the update again. When finished if your still getting the error let me know what version of Windows and service pack your using (right click on the My Computer icon and choose properties and it will tell you)

I've updated Vista and tried it again. Still no success. I'm using SP1 by the way.

SP1 is not the latest Vista.

But i don't think thats the cause of the problem.

You should try a new installation of postgresql.

Uninstall your current installation, delete the user postgres:
    open a command box and type
    net user postgres /delete

Now download the latest postgresql version from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database and install it.
    Ignore any messages about your password, this are just warnings. Use postgrespass as password for the postgresql user.

After successful installation of postgresql install Holdemmanager without postgresql.

Windows update isn't giving me an option to download SP2.

The command prompt can't find any user under postgres.

I'll try downloading and installing the latest version and see if it works.

I get the error 'The password specified does not meet the local or demain policy. Check the minimum password length, complexity and password history requirements.'