can i get an older more stable version of hem that works? (or a diferent program)

Default can i get an older more stable version of hem that works? (or a diferent program)

ive had so many issues with this program

its unuseable

do you have one of your earliest betas thats very austere and moderately funcional

i dont care about any features anymore id just like basic preflop stats vpip pfr # of hands

i havent been able to use this program basically at all for a couple weeks and id like to have basic stats

fuck the rest

i want to drown kittens

I feel I need to post here, that this is not just a random gripe. I have had HEM for more than 2 years now, and it has never been un-stable, til now.

Main problem comes when i refresh the graph. It will work a few times, then suddenly after a few times, HEM will freeze.

My OS is XP, btw.

you find links to older versions in this thread:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...l-release.html

I'd recommend 1.10.03b, especially for FTP Rush.

I went back to an older version, but the old HUD makes my tables lag.

Have a decent machine.
    Maintain you OS + database.
    Tweak postgres

Quote Originally Posted by cyzo View Post
    I went back to an older version, but the old HUD makes my tables lag.
    Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver

Also see the top 10 performance tips in my sig
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Hi,
    Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity
    My opacity was already 100%.
    Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.
    My CPU usage is not that high when the lagging occurs. It happens every time a new table opens up, and only when the HUD is running. All tables freeze with the new one in front for up to 8 seconds or so. Again, this was never a problem before and can only be fixed by disabling the HUD.
    Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.
    already done
    Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.
    nothing abnormal or coinciding with the lagging in the event log
    Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options
    Prefect it at 0 hands, but the live tracking checkbox is both greyed out and selected, so I cannot change it.
    Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver

Also see the top 10 performance tips in my sig
    My graphics drivers are up to date, and I've already checked out your performance tips.

Thanks for the reply.

Cyzo, i see no reason in this thread why you did go back to 1.10.x.

Can you please try the latest version 1.11.02 and give us feedback about the problems you have with this release?

EV calculations are broken in that version and some of the betas leading up to it. Hopefully it is fixed in the next release. I have already been in contact with support@holdemmanager.org and it is being looked into.

I updated to 1.10.06a and have no problems with the EV or the HUD, so I'll be fine using that one until new updates are released. Thank you for your time, though.