Customizing HUD Woes.. Not Updating
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Customizing HUD Woes.. Not Updating

Hello everyone, I just want to let everyone know that I have watched the holdem manager videos and read the tutorials with no find on my problem. I saw that we can update out hud customization in the replay hand player, and that after clicking apply, that the HUD customize update would happen on the Hand Replay player as well.

I tried clicking Apply, refresh, I closed down the hole program and open it back up and the HUD was still the same. I just did a simple example, just like in the crash coarse video where the moved the hands stats all the way up on top by the player name, and nothing changed.

I also tried to do different customizations with no luck as well. please help me out on this anyone, I have 2 more days left before I finally decide to purchase this or another software, I'm totally leaning towards this, but first yesterday HEM would crash whenever I opened it up, so I uninstalled an reinstalled HEM and now I run into this problem.

any help would be greatly appreciated so I can move on and use this more and finally buy it when my trial expires.

version 1.11.02

---Update--
    I finally got frustrated and uninstalled HEM and postsql and also deleted the left over folders if any. I then installed HEM again and when I went to go into the appearance option, to check the Show abbreviations box. After I did this, I brought up the Replay Hand player and nothing has changed again! I went online to play on UB and nothing has changed as well. please help me out up getting frustrated and don't know what else to do know after hours and hours of troubleshooting. thanks again for your time, and can't wait to fully use the HEM software.

OS. XP service pack 3

UPDATE AGAIN
    It has something to do with the "USE For" section. I made a bunch of New Configs and would make one for instance, tourneys and checkbox the HU,6-Max,Full boxes. I made one for Full ring games and only checkboxed the full for NL/PL & Limit. Am I doing something wrong here? it looks like after I made a bunch of custom config settings in the "USE For" section this is where it got all goofed up.

If one of the pros could give me a detailed explaination on what the whole "use for" section is mainly used for and how to set it up I would greatly appreciate it. I think i'm doing something wrong in this section as you can see lol. Even if I make one new config in the "use for" section and select it and try and customize it, nothing changes, so I'm just going to leave it with just one config setting which is the "default" one. I deleted all the preset config ones since I don't ever go to those sites since they are overseas.
    Last edited by teekan; 06-19-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: I now need new help, old help I solved heh.

We have a problem with the hud customization on 1.11.02.

If you want you can downgrade to an older version for this.
    Just install it from this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...l-release.html

Oh I see so it WASN"T me whew! sucks I spent all that time losing my mind, but now I know!

Just curious if I need to uninstall the higher version I have to install a lower version, or is it ok to just install it w/o uninstalling anything.

thanks, and I await another update, and will use 1.11.01b until then. that is the version you suggest for now correct?

Update-

I couldn't wait anymore so I went ahead and installed the older version and it looks like it downgraded fine, but I tried making a new config for tourneys, and tried to customize it and nothing changed again. Only one that changes when I do any customization is the Default one, can anyone help me on this?

Version 1.11.01b
    Last edited by teekan; 06-19-2010 at 07:29 AM.

There is indeed issues with certain things in the hud not updating but that bug is specifically related to 1.11.02 so it may be a seperate issue, go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder and make a backup of prefs.xml and then close Holdem Manager and delete the original prefs.xml and restart HM and it should create a new default prefs.xml file, please test with that version and see if the problem persists?

If so maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
    Morny
    support@holdemmanager.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

I did what you say Morny, and after doing so, I clicked New Config just to try out and see if I can customize it and went to click on Show Abbreviations and click ok and went to go see the Holdem Manager Replayer and nothing changed.

Emailing you with time to do session Morny

3 days i've been trying to get other configs to customize :/

And I have 2 days left of the trial and then have to purchase it, but would love to get it working fully before I buy it.
    Last edited by teekan; 06-20-2010 at 02:57 AM.

And your sure you downloaded to 1.11.01b, you can see this in the title bar of hm? Sounds like it still might be 1.11.02, maybe the downgrade didnt work?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

lol, I can assure you it's 1.11.01b

I emailed what you asked for just waiting for someone to reply back

It also says 1 day left of my HEM trial remaining.
    Last edited by teekan; 06-20-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Pardon the interruption, but where can I get 1.11.02B? I have 1.11.02, but cannot find the "b" update.

I too am having trouble with the HUD updating. Have to go back to another HUD product while I wait for this one to get sorted out. I'm sure it will be quick though - it always is in my experience.

So, point me in the right direction please? thanks!

1.11.01b http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...e_1.11.01b.exe
    Its an older version as this bug is specific to the latest 1.11.02

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    1.11.01b http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...e_1.11.01b.exe
    Its an older version as this bug is specific to the latest 1.11.02
    Netsrak, is this answer towards voxdan?

because i'm aware of this and have already downgraded to 1.11.01b and have the same problem as described. I've actually been waiting for a email response for 14 hours now. hopefully someone will help out before I go to bed in a few hours otherwise it's yet another day without progress.