active player window bug + co-btn F3B when 4B bug

Default active player window bug + co-btn F3B when 4B bug

Hello,

When you open active player window and go to the preflop tab you have the 4B/call/fold percentages per position vs 3B's in and out of position.

The CO vs 3B in pos stat is bugged for sure. It doesnt track 4B's correcly.

For example co opens and btn 3B, co 4B and btn folds. These are randomly not registered it seems. This results in very low 4B% in co vs 3B in pos.

I also notice this in custum made (correct) huds where fold to 3B is displayed. Same example as above. That example should result in a "fold to 3B" versus 3B in pos of 0/1 (because co 4bet and didnt fold). Instead what i see quite often is that its not registered at all and that for example co folded 5/5 so far (so 100%) and after the hand its still 5/5.

I have the idea that it might not be registering especialy when co 4B's and Btn folds. If btn calls, it does register.

I am a professional player and my roommates are as well and experience the same.. Maybe you could look into it?

Regards

Hans

Can you post a screenshot showing the exact stat thats wrong, i have an idea which one but i want to make sure before looking into it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hello,

Here is a screenshot.Its all the hands HEM ever imported in this database. This is almost 5 handed ONLY (ongame)! So that means the Early position is not to be looked at in this picture since it has not got sufficient sample size.

I open the co 23%, and the IP stats suggest i 4B 6% of that. that would amount to 1,38% range which is rediciously low. i Believe AK alone is 0.9% and i 4B TT+ 80% of the time (the CO out of position stats gives a better estimate of my 4Betting range i guess).

Other positions that is probably bugged is the OOP Middle 4B stat. I do acknowledge that i 4B a little less from middle versus 3B oop, then versus a 3B in pos, but the difference is definetly not that big. With a 20% open range i have in that position it suggests i 4B only 0.8% range. This would mean not even always 4B AK, and never AA-JJ which is not true.

My roommate plays 6 handed and in his sample of around the same size, the early position OOP stat seems way lower as well. So you might as well look at that one, or at all of these stats just to make sure

Obviously, if these are fixed, the stats used for the HUD (co F3B when 3better is in position for example) should be automaticly fixed because i guess they use the same source.

Yes it appears the 4bet numbers are indeed off by some bit, ive forwarded this information for the developers to look at
    Last edited by morny; 06-18-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hey!

Just wanted to bump this tread to ask if solutions already been found!

Any info on the progress made so far?

Regards

lamano

Bump

I recently noticed the same problem, googled and found this thread. It still isn't fixed.

The bug seems to be:
    BTN 3bets the CO, CO 4bets and BTN folds.
    In this case, it affects Fold_vs_3b.co.blind (Fold to 3-Bet in CO when the 3-bet comes from the blinds) instead of Fold_vs_3b.CO.ip (Fold to 3-Bet in CO when the 3-bet comes from someone in position).

When BTN 3bets CO and CO folds, or when BTN 3bets, CO 4bets en BTN shoves, Fold_vs_3b.CO.ip is correctly adjusted.

At first sight, 3bets from the blinds versus the CO are correctly processed.

Only when the CO 4bets the BTn when he 3 bets, and the BTN folds, this affects the wrong stat. This makes it seem the CO 4bets less OOP then he really does (and more IP then he really does).

This sounds like the same issue as what's currently being solved (see below)

We have found the core part of the issue and it is in 4+bets

1) all of our HM1 3bet pot stats include 3bet or higher pots while
    that user finding the problems was filtering just for 3bet pots.
    4+bet pot stats would be added causing the difference he is seeing
    2) we previously had a bug where 4+ bets would cause the position of
    the 3bet to change to the position of the 4bet. This bug was recently
    fixed but requires a reimport - this would affect all positional 3+bet
    stats

HM1: we have to ensure that 3bet pots include 4bet and higher

We're still going through all these stats to make sure everything is 100% ok given the
    info but this will be fixed as soon as possible.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Doesn't look like the same issue, unless what me and OP are talking about is somehow caused by
    2) we previously had a bug where 4+ bets would cause the position of
    the 3bet to change to the position of the 4bet. This bug was recently
    fixed but requires a reimport - this would affect all positional 3+bet
    stats
    Not sure if my explanation was clear, but I'll focus on just the bug I (and others) have experienced:

I have a HUD popup which displays
    Fold_vs_3b.co.blind
    Fold_vs_3b.CO.ip

(OP is talking about the active players window, but these are the same stats)

When BTN 3 bets CO, CO 4 bets and BTN folds, this hand is registered as Fold_vs_3b.co.blind instead of Fold_vs_3b.CO.ip
    Last edited by friedm; 11-28-2011 at 01:51 PM.

The Issue is said to be fixed, but we have to wait for 1.12.07.

I´m so mad to read that this problem is so fucking old and never has been fixed, even i pointed out several times that there is something wrong (6 months and 2 months ago), but only until i found out, that faulty stats are due to an error in a wrong database Table the "real" fix is promised by Roy.

Last edited by alllala; 11-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.