postgres issue (plz dont be a reinstall/reimport solution fml)

Default postgres issue (plz dont be a reinstall/reimport solution fml)

sigh
    multiple reboots didnt do it (as per the problems i had with this maybe a year ago)
    disabling windows firewall and windows defender didnt do it
    (though i do have a windows defender error i cant troubleshoot so far error code Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba, its set to off currently if thats an accurate reflection of any interference that may or may not be goin on)
    stop server= server is not started, start server is blank untill i close the window, then it says server is already running
    there is no postmaster.pid file
    mcaffee is uninstalled many months ago thoroughly avast now, no specific avast troubleshooting in the faq

when i attempt to start hem:
    ithis is new, perhaps first time ive left the postgres dialogue box empty but open while starting hem but im tired and wont investigate further now\)
    the postres8.4 service is starting................ the postgres ,,,,,, could not be started
    the service didnt report an error
    more help by typing net welpmsg 3534
    the start command renturned and error <2>
    press return to continue"
    /end new)

the following occured....failed to establish con to 127.0.0.1
    ok
    **dbcp127.0.0.1_______ 5433
    postgres____________postgrespass
    connect
    a con to postgres couldnt be made would u like hem to aattempt>>>>
    yes
    sorry hem unable
    ok
    hem has started the service< try again
    ok
    dbcp loop begins again at asterisks** above

fml

halp?

There is one thing left you can try:
    3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"

If that doesn't work Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer session.

2. Near the top menu select Tools and Settings and then Options. You should now see the following screen.

defender-02.jpg

this screen doesnt exist?

how do i add exceptions? (i just had windows defender and windows firewall disabled, but it says they need exceptions anyhow)

Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

ya read that but the picture i posted was from there, i cant find advanced options in defender anywhere so dont know if its an exception already or not, ive had the service (defender) disabled for months prior to now w/o issue

Read:
    http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182 and make sure your hosts file looks like this.
    ya read/followed that already, 127.0....localhost was/is in there

Try installing SQL 8.2: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip to port 5434 and use that instead.
    im 8.4 now but i guess i can roll back and see if that helps

but will going from 8.4>8.2 cause the database not to work? formated differently or anything?
    (steps 10-12 in the reinstall link below)i sent an email for a tv session earlier today also and linked this thread, thanks
    Last edited by UWjoe; 08-22-2012 at 11:55 PM.

What does your screen look like in Defender when you click on Tools--> Options-->

If you install SQL 8.2 to a different port, you'll be required to reimport all your hands into this new SQL 8.2 database.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

defnder>tools>options looks like this but the service is always stopped aside from me turning it on to take the screenie

View image: but its turned off

i reinstalled dif version (8.2) of postgres, reinstalled everything, and created a new db, which yesterday randomly decided not to be found by hem when i started it (database doesnt exist or some error close to that, so i started a new one and dont know how to backtrack now)

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Are you able to turn ON the Windows Firewall? (so you can set the exceptions)
    Do (or did you have) Spybot Search & Destroy installed?