Slow seek times using Notecaddy

Default Slow seek times using Notecaddy

Can anyone give me an idea of how fast notecaddy should by searching hands when using the seek function? Mine is pretty slow about 1 hand every second. It seems like it should be much faster than this. It's not a hardware issue. I have a reasonably high end system quad core 930, 3.9GHz using an SSD.

FYI the database functions and HM1 program were lightning fast.In addition to the slow notecaddy seeks times, HM2 is slightly also sluggish.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Please see this article on how to improve NC/database performance NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

I'm using PostgresSQL 8.4. The material provided doesn't seem applicable. When navigating to Database Manager through HM2, it says that the DB is already tuned, but even if it was not, you'd need a computer science degree to attempt any changing referenced on this page Tuning Your PostgreSQL Server - PostgreSQL wiki. Not helpful at all.

Also the database settings screen listed on this page NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki doesn't match what I have. I don't have Stat cache size or hand buffer size on my screen, but I do have threads set to 8.

I understand problems like mine can be confusing to explain through chat, so I will attempt to clarify what issue I'm having.
    Now if I reset my NoteCaddy notes and create them from scratch, I get about 100 hands/sec.

But after this is complete and I right click on any of the note definitions and select seek, I get about 1hand/sec. Why the difference? If it was a DB issue, I would assume that read times for HM2 and the initial NC note generation would also be 1 hand/sec but they are not. They're about 100hands/sec. What gives?

No direction but to trust the final destination

You're using the wrong tool for the job imo. Seek is just to find 1-2 examples to make sure it's right so the fact that it's slow shouldn't matter. Right click the definition and click "analyze" and there are recipients and history tabs that you can look at all the examples you want

I'll give that a try. thank you.

Yeah analyze is lightning fast.