Purge hands - really they will be in HUD after purge?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Purge hands - really they will be in HUD after purge?

Helllo there, iam now buying mining and has a really big DB, that eat a lot of my hdd space, its about 10 million hands, and vacuum - reindex operation doesnt make any sence.

So iam think about purge all hands, coz iam really dont work with them in HM, just only need stats in HUD.
    Iam talk about PS ZOOM now.

So, my question is - if i will start the purge process and will purge all hands in my DB, did its hads still be in HUD stats for real?

And iam think i need do a vacuum full - reindex after purge operation, yes? And its will reclame some hdd space for me? For real?

Coz iam really afraid of that case when i will do it, and then go to play and dont see any stats in my HUD LOL, and will need import that tons of hands again ^_^

Thank u.

There are two types of purges (delete)

-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
    -options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD.

If you vacuum/analyse/reindex the database after the purge... the amount of diskspace you will re-claim back will be minimal. Maybe only 10% of the database size.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    There are two types of purges (delete)

-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
    -options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD.
    WOW! Big thanks for this! Iam didnt know here is 2 ways, omg i can did a HUGE mistake ) Cool that i will wait for ur answer, thank u, Patvs!

Hi, i am trying to purge observed hands in HM1 and i cant, they say that xxxx hands will be purged, i put OK, then said that the hands had been purged succesfully, then i make a vacuum, a reindex, but the hands still appearing in the HM.

Are you using: -options--> settings--> purge hands or
    -options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands-->

Try creating a new database, options--> settings--> observed HH Configuration--> change it to "do not insert observed handhistories" -->SAVE

Then reimport your hands.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Hi, it doesnt work at all

I installed a new version of here http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa..._09Aug2012.exe

The last version, i installed it on a new pc, i put options --> settings --> observed HH Configuration --> select "import only hands of more than 10bbs" but HM continue importing all the hands,

I selected NO LIMIT -- 10bbbs --- uncheck SAW FLOP --- uncheck SAW SHOWDOWN (because i want to import hands of more than 10bbs that dont saw flop)

Then, i try to purge, i select to purge <10bbs hands, HM says will purge 17000hands, ok, sucessful purge, i close HM, open pgadmin, made a full vacuum , restart hm, and the hands still here anyway.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
    8.4, the hm installed and configure it, i made a fresh install

Use: -options--> settings--> purge hands
    to purge the hands

bu t i want to conserve the stats