Positions 6max
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positions 6max

Default Positions 6max

I have noticed that notecaddy haven't got the same definition as HM2 have when it comes to positions in 6-max games.

When someone open limps or open raises from the HJ in a 5 handed game it is displayed as an Open limp or open raise
    from Early position using the note definitions that comes predefined with notecaddy.

In a 6-max game button+2=HJ=MP and Button+3=UTG=EP according to me and HM2.

What positions is equivalent to HM2:s MP and EP in a 6-max game in Notecaddy?
    Last edited by Apanage; 11-28-2011 at 05:53 PM.

No direction but to trust the final destination

You can see each position as it pertains to NC by hovering over the help icon in pre flop->general in the script editor. Here is the info though:

positions.png

e.g. I think they're the same

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    You can see each position as it pertains to NC by hovering over the help icon in pre flop->general in the script editor. Here is the info though:

positions.png

e.g. I think they're the same

Don't get it really? For me the positions in a 6max game are:
    1.BB
    2.SB
    3.BUT
    4.CO
    5.MP (HJ)
    6.EP (UTG)

In a 10max game the positions for me are

1.BB
    2.SB
    3.BUT
    4.CO
    5.HJ (MP+2)
    6.MP (MP+1)
    7.MP
    8.EP (UTG+2)
    9.EP (UTG+1)
    10.EP (UTG)

But according to you the player acting first in a 5-handed game is UTG and the player acting first in a 6handed game is MP.Have I understood the PNG correctly?
    For me that PNG made so little sense that I was convinced it was messed up when I looked at it the first time hence the post.

But if we put the terminology aside. If I want to take a note of only the hands a player has open raised acting first in a 5handed game then I should mark the under the gun box in note caddy and no other.Is that correct?

I'm really confused here.

Banned

i will let Sreti confirm this but the image shows pos introduced by game size

so when the game changes from 5-6 the new pos introduced is mp
    first guy to act is still utg then mp then the rest

Nilay is correct. Me posting that image wasn't the most efficient way to answer that question

But if we put the terminology aside. If I want to take a note of only the hands a player has open raised acting first in a 5handed game then I should mark the under the gun box in note caddy and no other.Is that correct?
    indeed. Just keep in mind that 4 max and lower there is no UTG

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Nilay is correct. Me posting that image wasn't the most efficient way to answer that question

indeed. Just keep in mind that 4 max and lower there is no UTG

I may be completely stupid but doesn't this mean unnecessary trouble for 6max players?

When the UTG definition shifts whether it is 5 or 6 handed it means that I have to make four separate note definitions to correctly cover UTG or HJ Open raises if I play in both 5 and 6 handed games.
    When using your definitions of position NC equals an open raise first in in a 6handed game with an open raise first in in a 5handed game (since in both cases UTG is the name assigned to the player performing the action.)This is undesirable since most players have vastly different ranges from respective position.
    The only way to get around that problem is to make separate note definitions for 5 and 6 handed games *for both UTG and HJ Which results in a 4 note output.

If UTG always was the sixth player coming into a game and HJ always was the fifth player in the game it would be enough with two note definitions to cover UTG and HJ Open raises regardless whether the game is 5 or 6 handed.
    Last edited by Apanage; 11-30-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Banned

This is a interesting. point i will fwd this to Sretis att.

UTG is always first to act when there's 5+ players

Click tools->test environment and then paste a hand in there and it will show you their position under the "pre flop" section under their name

Yeah I know that UTG is always first to act. But how am I supposed to do if I want to create a note definition of what hands a player Open raises 2 from the button AND a note definition of what hands a player Open raises 3 from the button regardless of how many players there are in the hand in a 6maxgame.
    Can you show me an example where you can display Those hands by only creating two note definitions because I can not see how that is possible.
    But it would be possible if every position was fixed and always had the same name.

Where does HM give you the option to filter by distance from the button? As far as I know the NC positions work the same way as HEM's. For example, exporting this 4 player hand from HEM, there is no UTG here either.

On Game, $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $190 (19 bb)
    Hero (BB): $1,000 (100 bb)
    CO: $1,954 (195.4 bb)
    BTN: $297.10 (29.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2 2
    CO raises to $30, 2 folds, Hero calls $20

Flop: ($65) Q 2 6 (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $50, Hero raises to $160, CO folds

Results: $165 pot ($2 rake)
    Final Board: Q 2 6
    Hero mucked 2 2 and won $163 ($83 net)
    CO mucked and lost (-$80 net)

So, yes, if you're interested in distance from the button as opposed to standard positions you would need multiple definitions