40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 85.00%
  • No

6 15.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live stats

Obviously a difficult question.....

It seems to me that this suggestion scheme is pointless. There is never any indication of whether suggestions are being considered.....

I don't believe sites allow this...

Banned

There are programs that determine live stats and are not listed on any site's 'unacceptable software' list. I believe the difficulty for HM is because of the way HM works. Think of it like asking a Ferrari to carry 50 tons of freight across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minder View Post
    There are programs that determine live stats and are not listed on any site's 'unacceptable software' list. I believe the difficulty for HM is because of the way HM works. Think of it like asking a Ferrari to carry 50 tons of freight across the country.

UMMMM or you can think of it as HM uses HH to get HUD stats and the HH file is not written until wellll lets see... the hand is OVER.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phaze3131 View Post
    UMMMM or you can think of it as HM uses HH to get HUD stats and the HH file is not written until wellll lets see... the hand is OVER.
    Correct, however those programs that do show live stats are getting their information from somewhere... either the client chat window or intercepting a data stream. I don't think HM is geared to this aspect, hence my comment about Ferrari and freight, and changing the code I fear would be a huge task.

Imo, of all the suggestions on this forum only about 5 are worthy of merit or are reasonably achievable. This one, Live Stats, is certainly in my top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minder View Post
    Correct, however those programs that do show live stats are getting their information from somewhere... either the client chat window or intercepting a data stream. I don't think HM is geared to this aspect, hence my comment about Ferrari and freight, and changing the code I fear would be a huge task.

Imo, of all the suggestions on this forum only about 5 are worthy of merit or are reasonably achievable. This one, Live Stats, is certainly in my top 5.
    and eff BB stat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phaze3131 View Post
    and eff BB stat
    Tbh? No, but I'm assuming I play differently to you. Feel free to point me at some research on eff BB as I have tried googling and not come up with anything. You never know, you might be able to convert me.

Is there really any point making any suggestions in this forum? Genuine question.

Concerning Live stats. HoldemManager needs to be able to read the hand street by street. This can only be done, for example, by reading the chat window in Full Tilt and PokerStars. We call this feature "Live Tracking".
    Unfortunately many FullTilt and PokerStars updates, where they either change the font/position/size of the chat window, etc. or they make changes to the way they write information, and Live Tracking stops working.

@teecee90, we read all suggestions, and some are actually implemented, or are still on the to add list of a programmer. However, a popular suggestion is by no means a guaranteed shoo-in to be added. At the moment we don't properly communicate why certain suggestions are ignored (for example if something can't be done for technical issues). We're looking into a way to improve the whole suggestions system.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here