Installation problems (postgres related) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AukeM View Post
    When installing postgres with your (new) link, it stops after a few minutes and this is in my screen:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6...essproblem.png

I have waited for maybe 15 minutes but it doesnt go any further
    I tried this again today, but it still doesnt work...

I am losing hope of playing ever again with HM...

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands using these instructions

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ager_Setup.exe

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
    A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    B) Reboot.
    C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe
    Ok, I have tried all these things, but it won't work. The link in step 2 installs it almost completely, but in the end it says: Sorry, could not install postgres.

The link in step C stopped at about 50% (I showed it in a previous post in a picture).

No Postgres is removed from my computer (I think). There are no folders in the start --> programs list and in the software list it is also not there.

There are only some (4) folders in program files\PostgreSQL.

What should be my next step?

Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer session.

I would like to know what the final solution to this problem was. I have been having the same problem on a fresh install of vista with all updates installed and firewall and defender turned off.

Did you try everything in post #15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

yes multiple times. I have yet to get a full installation out of any of the postgresql versions 8.3,8.4,9b. None seem to be creating any of the config files needed to run. I have reinstalled Vista again, disabled defender and firewall. I make sure that I delete the user account after each uninstall with crap cleaner. It seems the one click installer for 8.4 is not friendly towards windows and the support doesn't seem to be either. I'm not quite sure what else to do.

Please try this version PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror and if that doesnt work Hi, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
    Morny
    support@holdemmanager.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hi. I'm having the same problem. I tried all your sugestions, but I still can't install HEM. I've also format my drive, but i get the same error...

Is there already any solution for this problem?
    Thanks

Which operating system?
    Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? and if yes which ones?

Please try this postgresql Version: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror

Hi , coming to this post a bit late. But i have the same problem mentioned above.
    I get the same error message that Postgre could not be installed and i am guessing that this happens because of the password complexity requirements set into my computed ( which belongs to a domain ) .
    Is there a fix to it ?