moving HUD configs from (WinXP) to new computer (Win7)

Default moving HUD configs from (WinXP) to new computer (Win7)

I just got a new computer running Win7 and installed a fresh install of HEM 1.10.04. I don't need to bring over my old database or hands, but I would like to copy my HUD configs from my old machine, which is running WinXP with HEM 1.10.03.

Do I just overwrite the config folder completely (copy from old machine to new) or do I need to do something else?

Also, is the sticky re: Windows7 and HEM still relevant where it say I would need to give admin permission to a few of the HEM files, or does version 1.10.04 take care that stuff automatically? Just asking because I noticed the HEM install now includes the Postgres install too, which is nice, so I thought it might do some of the Win7 stuff automagically too.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

If your doing a clean reinstall or moving HM to a new computer you should consider the following.

Export and Import your Hand Histories and/or backup and restore your database
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database

Export Your Notes

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback - Options > Rakeback & Bonuses

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits on how to reset your code

and finally
    FAQ]FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling HEM without Losing Preferences - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software - Reinstalling HEM without Losing Preferences

Youll still need to do the admin things
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.