CASH GAMES: HM to recognise # of seats - Page 2

View Poll Results: CASH GAMES: Make HM recognise # of seats ?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

99 99.00%
  • no

1 1.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Agree.

Right now I use separate databases for each game but it would be nice to not have to switch all the time.

Yes yes yes yes.

bump.

There was a recent thread where some questions were asked about HM recognizing # of seats. I ended up making five posts in that thread to describe exactly how this functionality would work. I think that what I put there will be helpful for this thread, especially if this gets implemented, so here is a link to that thread.
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...mediately.html

HM DEVELOPERS: Please read the thread at that link.
    Last edited by Ajax; 10-30-2010 at 12:16 PM.

bump

I just purchased HM and am very disappointed it does not have this feature. I have PT3 and it clearly seperates 6max from FR. This is a huge flaw, and by the looks of it been so for a long time. I'm sure you know this but this is how PT3 does it, and it's excellent. Please, please fix this.

Last edited by Spinno; 10-19-2010 at 11:33 AM.

This is a no-brainer that would seem to be easy to implement, so it should have a good benefit/cost ratio for the developers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Self Made View Post
    This is a no-brainer that would seem to be easy to implement, so it should have a good benefit/cost ratio for the developers.
    I totally agree that this is a no brainer as far as requirement goes. However, from a development perspective this, imo, is a huge task starting with the developers rethinking how the game is played, building a schema to support that, then modifying every report and stat that flows from those changes... and finally, exposing the apps like Leakbuster etc to the new philosophy. I can't see this happening soon, nonetheless I would encourage the powers that be to apply the lash to the developers and urge them onwards.

Even though database schema is off topic, this is one of the few posts I have seen (if not the only) that directly mentions improvement on the schema. So I am going to throw my hat in and give my opinion. When it comes to the database schema, I know of two main changes that would be good, but would probably have far-reaching implications on the reports and stats.

The first one is the change requested by this poll here, for HM to recognize number of seats. It requres two columns in the databse, occupied_seats_at_table and total_seats_at_table. In post #14 above, I put a link to a thread where I described this in more detail.

The second one is to modify the way that HM looks at position. I am still a bit confused on how this works in HM, but based on what I do know, it does not appear to be modeled well. If we are going to say that EP MP CO and BTN are the positions as defined in a 6max game, then that must be the same for a full-ring game; and the first three seats at a full-ring table then need to be called something like "Initial Position" or whatever.

But regardless of what the positions are called, the positions are how far off the button the player is, so that would be 0 1 2 3 at a 6max table, and 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 at a full ring table. And if we call position 3 EP (and I really do not care if we do or do not), then stats like EP_raise_first and EP_VPIP must be for that position, meaning that same distance off of the button, regardless of whether or not it is at a 6max or full ring table. And there will be that other position for full ring, "Initial Position" or whatever, and the stats for that position like IP_raise_first, will simply not be used at all by the 6max players.
    Last edited by Ajax; 10-25-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Isn't it possible to sort the hands based on the data (6max, headsup, etc) in the hand history and add this option to the filters?