Is the server down again? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I must say that Zosso makes a very fair point.

Constantly needing Internet verification does mean that the programme can't be used offline and that's a weakness.

I'd certainly think that a change in your licence checking system would be beneficial.

And, of course you can see how vulnerable you are when your server goes tits up.

I can use HEM without an internet connection. I believe that it saves whatever the license server serves up for 15 days (read that somewhere, i think--never personally tried more than a day, but that works for me).

If you really think your customers are criminals, this would be the way to go about licensing. It still tastes bad, but nowhere near as bad as not being able to use a product you paid for that *doesn't*depend* on anything on a server when the server barfs. Especially when the product is best suited for away-from-the-table analysis!

That shows a level of contempt for your paying customers that is quite astonishing, and I think unprecedented. Like I said before, A+: innovation in this respect is not easy!
    Last edited by strk; 03-23-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Is someone doing something? The server is now not respondig for more then 12 hours!!!

Really hope for a quick resolution of this. Need to access leak buster asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosso View Post
    The server is now not respondig for more then 12 hours!!!
    at least 36 hours, actually, if you don't count a small window of time it was reported up yesterday
    Last edited by strk; 03-23-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: adding zosso quote for clarity

looks like nobody is able to use leakbuster when this happens?

It seems to me that if the server is so unreliable then you should take the licensing verification element off line so that the whole community of users isn't sitting around waiting for a computer fix.

If this can't be done then there's a clear learning point. You can't put your product out of action for over a day and not even give us any updates on when it will be fixed.

Can we have an update, please.

I hope you guys make some sort of change into the licensing. It does not make sense we cannot use LeakBuster when we want /need to.

We've never had any of these issues, and it's internal on our server. We are working through it. Lot's of software functions this way, and until this point we have had zero issues with our server.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and it will be resolved shortly.

And sorry, it hasn't been down for 36 hours. It was down for a few hours the other day, and went back down now. It's being worked on now, and it won't be an issue.

It seems it's a hardware issue, and it's being resolved now. The fan wasn't operating properly, so it is getting fixed, and will be back up shortly.
    Last edited by Leak Buster Support; 03-23-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strk View Post
    I can use HEM without an internet connection. I believe that it saves whatever the license server serves up for 15 days (read that somewhere, i think--never personally tried more than a day, but that works for me).

If you really think your customers are criminals, this would be the way to go about licensing. It still tastes bad, but nowhere near as bad as not being able to use a product you paid for that *doesn't*depend* on anything on a server when the server barfs. Especially when the product is best suited for away-from-the-table analysis!

That shows a level of contempt for your paying customers that is quite astonishing, and I think unprecedented. Like I said before, A+: innovation in this respect is not easy!
    HM, and many other products use the same process that we do. If you don't have an internet connection, you can't use HM or a lot of products (you'd be surprised). It's unfortunate that this issue occured (and we are on PST, and didn't know it went down until this morning).