Tips to increase speed in importing purchased hands and general HUD performance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tips to increase speed in importing purchased hands and general HUD performance

First, right click on Holdem Manager and get into the advanced and click on < run as administrator>. Do that for Holdem Manager.exe and HMimport.exe.

Run Holdem Manager and get it importing, doesn't have to be importing purchased hands, just click on < Start Auto Import >.

Then right click the taskbar and click on Start Task Manager, go into < processes > find holdem manager programs. Both import and HoldemManager.exe should be there.

Right click on each one and set affinity so that it is using all the cores of your processor. Also set priority to < high >. Click apply and ok and shut down Holdem Manager. Then it would be a good idea to reboot.

After doing the above there was a very visible difference in the speed of importing purchased hands and also the HUD worked much faster playing ring games. The priority on mine was set to normal and going to high really perked it up.

Even with the priority set to high I was able to run Holdem Manger, Full Tilt, Holdem Indicator, and Outlook with no problem. But it sure seemed to make Holdem's HUD perk up and while I was importing purchased hands it went much faster.

I only have one CPU so I know nothing about 'Affinity', but regarding the option to set priority to 'high' via Task Manager...

I guess you are talking about W7 ? Does W7 remember any CPU priority changes after a reboot ? In XP any priority changes are not saved after you close the program [unless you use something like 'Prio' freeware software & even then it doesn't work for all programs]

I understand that there are cheap/free programs that can temporarily change your PC settings to gaming mode with just one click

My solution is to run next to nothing on my poker PC

Thanks Arizona Willie.. I'd add this to the http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html thread
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Default Correct

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    I only have one CPU so I know nothing about 'Affinity', but regarding the option to set priority to 'high' via Task Manager...

I guess you are talking about W7 ? Does W7 remember any CPU priority changes after a reboot ? In XP any priority changes are not saved after you close the program [unless you use something like 'Prio' freeware software & even then it doesn't work for all programs]

I understand that there are cheap/free programs that can temporarily change your PC settings to gaming mode with just one click

My solution is to run next to nothing on my poker PC
    =================
    You are correct, Loki. That setting is not persistent. I downloaded the 64 bit Prio awhile ago and am going to check it out and see if it works for HEM.

I suspect there is a registry setting for the priority of programs but haven't found it yet. But I'm going to do some searching and see if I can't find one.

However, the Prio program is free and does some more nice tricks according to it's description.

It is still usefull and not that hard to do it every time before importing a large number of hands

thanks for the tip

edit : do you really have to reboot after setting it to high?
    Last edited by jenkulle; 03-23-2010 at 12:47 PM.

don't reboot or you will lose the changes
    this advice is only useful if you have multiple programs running at the same time & you want to give one program a greater share of the cpu

Default Reboot?

Unless you use the Prio program the setting is not persistent so you should not reboot. That was incorrect. My bad.

The best thing to do is to grab the FREE Prio program here:

O & K PrintWatch

install that, then when you change the priority of the program(s) it will stay the way you set it.

It is good to set the priority to high for the HUD, the Import Program, and HM Manager itself.

Start Holdem Manager, Start Auto Import and then right click on the task bar and Start Task Manager. You should find 3 hm programs together under processes. Set the priority for all 3 to high.

Even if only running Holdem manager and your poker application, there are many many subprograms running on your computer. Setting the priority to high greatly increases the performance.

This is for Windows 7 ( probably works in Vista also ) dunno 'bout XP but it likely works there too.

There is a 64 bit version of Prio and it seems to work just fine.

I'm using XP and HM 1.10.04.

Just downloaded this Prio programm through the link in the previous post. However after installing and rebooting, my computer does not show the blue log-in screen anymore. Instead, it loops reboot. So I had to use Safe Mode to re-install this programm.

Conclusion: I don't think it works on XP

These freewares might interest you Arizona:

#######################
    GAME BOOSTER:
    Game Booster | Fast Game Accelerator | Free Accelerator

I haven't tried it. Works for all versions of Windows from 2000 to now. You can choose the setup to suit you. Completely safe judging by cnet & other website reviews.

Publisher's description from IObit: Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts

It works by temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance

That means you can keep all the features of MS Windows ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business - gaming"

Game Booster - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

#############
    GBOOST
    GBoost Home
    It's new, but in beta & I wouldn't touch it myself because your system is checked remotely to allow gbooost to best decide how to optimise

pilz. This claims to be the xp version 352.8 KB:
    Prio - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I haven't downloaded to check