prizes not showing up in Tourney results

Default prizes not showing up in Tourney results

hey, I used the trial for PT3, liked it. tried the PT4 beta liked it also.

I had installed the HEM2 trial a while back, but it expired. I decided to take a plunge and buy a liscence today based on some things I have seen about HEM2. So far I'm having some trouble, but Id like to give it a fair shot and try to get it working before I get buyers remorse and decide to get PT4 instead.

I was able to export hands from the PT4 beta, and import them into Hem2. 1 error, a single hand is missing but im ok with this. FYI, i have 69 tourneys worth of data, about 3k hands. I believe all the tourneys are in the database, I have a 69 under "tag count" but Hem2 is not showing any winnings at all for any these tourney's. is there something I need to do/can do to get this to auto-correct? I know PT4 does not always enter in prizes, but it is usually able to correctly guess them, ive only rarely had to put them in manually. If we cant get this to work without me manually entering in all these results, ill likely be looking for a refund. I wouldnt mind adding in a few prizes here and there, especially not with such a small sample, but I will not want to continue down this road with this product if I have to re-import at some later date with 690 or 6900 etc tournaments worth of data and enter it all in every time.

also, in the "tournament winnings graph" the row along the bottom labeled tournaments only goes up to about 36. it should be 69. Im not sure if its only showing the most recent 36 or if its somehow combining tourneys that happened on the same day. either way, we need to get this fixed also.

Much thanks in advance for any help in getting this resolved.

*update* I downloaded the latest beta. prizes are still not showing in the results, but at least the number of tournaments in the graph is correctly showing 69. Please advise how to get the prize results to populate in the database.
    Last edited by CJR428; 07-19-2012 at 12:56 AM.

*update #2*
    goofing around with this some more. I was able to use the "manage tags" button to quickly group and label the SNG's that I play. I noticed many of the wins were reported as finishing in place zero, so I was able to quickly select all the zero place finishes and change them to a 1. (they are all DON SNG'S, so this is fine) I put in the payout structure, and it will correctly populate the winnings column. BUT, there are still problems...

"net winnings" is not the sum of buyin and winnings, its still just the negative buyin. if I close and restart HEM2 all the payout data I put into the manage tags window is gone.

*edit #3*
    I just manully edited the prize amount, the same way I edited the finished place. net winnings are correct and the results graph is also correct.

so....all my immediate issues seem to be fixed, but I have yet to play a game, or deal with any HUD issues...my bigger concern is that I just bought a "retail" product that is not working as intended, and seems to realisticly be in the beta stage, and not ready for retail.

I dont enjoy paying to be a beta tester due to the lack of a QA department.
    Last edited by CJR428; 07-19-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe
    Were these games played on PokerStars?
    If so you also have to import the summaries, read: read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...okerStarsSetup

Alternatively in HM2, create a new database and -instead of exporting hands from PT4 and importing them- in HM2 go to the Home tab--> Database--> Import and run a import on database on the entire PT4 database.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I allready installed the latest beta as I mentioned. I would like to point out again this product is in beta state and not ready for retail.
    no, the games were played on Lock Poker.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Alternatively in HM2, create a new database and -instead of exporting hands from PT4 and importing them- in HM2 go to the Home tab--> Database--> Import and run a import on database on the entire PT4 database.
    Im sorry, what is this in response to? if youd actually read the thread, Ive allready got the database imported. the problem is prizes not being there. If you continued to read, you would see that I managed to enter them in after a while of messing around.

I still have a problem with prizes not being correctly entered for new games I am playing. the "finish" is reported as a zero, instead of a 1-5 for some reason (these are DON SNG's) so it is not awarding any prize. I have to manually put in the prize. I think if i manually put in the finish, it still doesnt award the prize properly or add it to net winnings.

your canned response was incredibly unhelpful and not appreciated.

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the issues you are having with HM2, If you continue to have problems, please zip and email the problem hand histories. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). and we will do some testing.

Please email these hands to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and link to this thread.

Thanks
    Holdem Manager Support