AVG found a HEM-related virus

Default AVG found a HEM-related virus

Not happy atm, does anyone know what this is or how to fix it? It launches when I start my HEM and ive tried every button except ignore, both with and without "remove threat as power user" checked. After I click on it, it just disappears and HEM doesn't launch.

Fwiw I've also run an entire avg cpu scan and the warnings were all HEM related but some of them couldn't be healed

Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
    2. Go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appl iance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you have Kaspersky try this:

Holdem Manager Forums - View Single Post - Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 not working with PostgreSQL? Here is the solution!

or this:

* Go into the KAV settings window.
    * Navigate to the Service node.
    * Here, turn on the Compatibility mode for programs using self-protection option.

If that does not work then find the "Heuristic Scanning" option in Kaspersky and disable that.

I followed all the steps that you recommended and the virus threat is still there. I also tried to give HEM Administration rights but that wasnt an option under compatability. I only had the option to "run this program in compatability mode".

HEM on my desktop works fine but my laptop is having all the virus problems.

I use Windows 7 and AVG free 9.0

Is it necessary for me to do a revo uninstall? If i do a revo uninstall will I lose the data that is currently in HEM?

The data are saved in the postgresql database so a uninstall of holdemmanager will not affect this.

But before doing this - which files does AVG report to contain a virus?