Hands not showing up after restoring database

Default Hands not showing up after restoring database

I recently backed up my HEM database and did a fresh install of Windows. I then went through pgadmin and restored this database. I can access the database in HEM and all statistics are correct. However, I cannot see any of the hands I had played previously, in neither the reports or hands tab. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, since doing the restore, I now see postgres as a potential user when logging into Windows (7).

Sounds like the restore didnt go to well, did you follow this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database

Maybe try restoring it again to a new database, did you backup your original hands, if so you can create a new database and reimport the hands
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

I went into pgAdmin to try restoring to a new database. When I did, I got the following message:

"Server doesn't listen
    The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
    could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

If you encounter this message, please check if the server you're trying to contact is actually running PostgreSQL on the given port. Test if you have network connectivity from your client to the server host using ping or equivalent tools. Is your network / VPN / SSH tunnel / firewall configured correctly?

For security reasons, PostgreSQL does not listen on all available IP addresses on the server machine initially. In order to access the server over the network, you need to enable listening on the address first.

For PostgreSQL servers starting with version 8.0, this is controlled using the "listen_addresses" parameter in the postgresql.conf file. Here, you can enter a list of IP addresses the server should listen on, or simply use '*' to listen on all available IP addresses. For earlier servers (Version 7.3 or 7.4), you'll need to set the "tcpip_socket" parameter to 'true'.

You can use the postgresql.conf editor that is built into pgAdmin III to edit the postgresql.conf configuration file. After changing this file, you need to restart the server process to make the setting effective.

If you double-checked your configuration but still get this error message, it's still unlikely that you encounter a fatal PostgreSQL misbehaviour. You probably have some low level network connectivity problems (e.g. firewall configuration). Please check this thoroughly before reporting a bug to the PostgreSQL community. "

A few things:
    -I have turned off Windows Firewall and I do not have another firewall installed.
    -This is a new problem. Before this new problem came about, I had installed PokerTracker3 and I also used the Postrges Tuning Wizard to optimize Postgres performance. These are the only things I can think of that would impact Postgres.

Please check the properties of your Postgresql database server in the pgadmin Window. You should use the same Port, user/password as configured in Holdemmanager or PT3.

I am using all of the correct information. Here is what the properties field says:

Description PostgreSQL 8.4
    Hostname localhost
    Port 5432
    Service postgresql-8.4
    Maintenance database postgres
    Username postgres
    Store password? Yes
    Restore environment? No
    Connected? No
    Running? No

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Windows Firewall / Defender Problems - Windows Firewall / Defender Problems

Please try following these FAQs, step by step:

1) FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
    2) reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database
    3) Still Can't Connect to PosgreSQL? Try This! - Holdem Manager Forums

If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ager_Setup.exe

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
    A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    B) Reboot.
    C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Thanks, I uninstalled and then reinstalled PostgreSQL which seems to have fixed it.