Calling All Tournament Regs
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default Calling All Tournament Regs

The Official Blog For The Hold'Em Manager Community

See the blog post titled Tournament News then come back here for the discussion. Forum software is better suited for the discussion.

Throughout the year I'll be focusing on different areas for future Holdem Manager Development. First up is Tournament Players. Please read the blog post before posting your ideas and keep the discussion civil.

All posts not directly related to tournament development will be moved or removed.

GL,
    -B

Banned

#1 DB Schema

First. Post the tourney db schema so that we can write our own scripts/reports. It's been done for cash game data, why not for tourney data?

Second. The db needs to inherently separate data by tourney size. I'd recommend a key that identifies:
    • HU SnG
    • single table SnG,
    • two table SnG,
    • 3 table SnG
    • 5 table SnG
    • 10 table SnG
    • 20 table SnG
    • MTT small ('small' as defined by hero)
    • MTT big ('big' as defined by hero), and
    • Rebuys (Rebuys might need to be linked to another style)

Better still, allow the user to define the key's parameters.

Reasoning. All of these tournies play differently and amalgamating all styles into a single HUD or report representation is misleading. Additionally, such a key would allow for a greater range of tourney specific reports.
    Last edited by The Minder; 02-17-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Banned

#2 HUD

~ Having hero HUD data reset every time hero changes a table is (takes a deep breath)... not good. The argument that "most tourney players know what their stats are so don't need to be reminded" is incorrect. I don't know what my stats are for 18 man SnG vs 2000 man MTT and I'm pretty sure HM can't tell me. Resetting the HUD data puts hero at a disadvantage as he/she can monitor everyone else, but not themselves!

~ Currently, HUD data can be switched from current to session stats. Great for ring players, meaningless for tourney players as the underlying data is to broad (contains ALL tourney data for a villain). I propose a new system where the HUD data can be switched from:
    • current (that particular tourney), to
    • tourney (all data for that particular tourney style, eg 10 table SnGs), to
    • global, all tourney data for villain(s).

I'll take a break now and let others from the gang join in.

Be great if we had a ROI in the HUD

Default Re Tourney filters

In addition to all other filters mentioned in 1st post - please include double ups and any other variations such as triple ups (iPoker and Pacific) etc

Default Analysis for ITM/ROI for SNGs based on when played

Sharkscope has a feature that allows you to work out your success based on time of day, day of the week you played etc. I find this a very useful feature.

Some additional Result Filters would be great. like the mentioned "time of day" etc. and the possibility to have graphs for these Filters.

In addition i'd like to filter for Tourney Type and Size in the Hands and Reports tab. ATM all Hands are just filtered by level, which is somewhat pointless if you play MTTs and SNGs for example.

A very useful addition to the HUD would be a feature that allows me to use different "# of players" depending on the samplesize of hands.
    e.g. I'm down to 4handed in 9man SNG and there are 2 players I have big samples on and 1 player who I'm playing for the first time. Now I'd like to filter more precisely for the 2 players for like exactly 4handed or 4-5handed and the 1 unknown player for 2-9handed (ie all hands).

Default Reports section

To be able to filter for hands where I lost my entire stack with an additional filter where I can specify min/max blinds lost when busting out - also to filter this for villains - ie when hero busted villain by taking his entire stack

Filter on DONs and/or Turbo / Super Turbo would really be my #1 priority

Default HUD Filter

Filter HUD so that only stats show up for type of tourney being played. Obviously, HUD stats for a DON would be wildly different to a 3 pay out turbo. At the moment if the same player plays both, you have no idea how diffrent he plays between the 2.

Basically you should have the option of combining or separating HUD stats based speed and type.