Calling All Tournament Regs - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

add the possiblity to show hourly and ev-hourly w/ bonus+rb.
    nice thread

Can we have this whole subject as a sticky so that it is much more prominent? It is starting to get hidden.

Surely 50% of players out there are stt/mtt players and i have always thought that hem has developed the tourney section almost as an afterthought and has never really taken it as seriously as it should.

I hope that that is about to change.

Banned

Just as an update. B-Money was going to be away for a week and on his return this thread would be picked up again. I think he's due back 1 Feb-ish.

Anyway, the reason I haven't been posting more is because B-Money mentioned that some of the things posted itt were not technically possible. I think it's appropriate that we get those issues resolved before launching into a raft of new/improved functionality that may be based on those technical impossibilities... if you get my meaning.

Nonetheless, you folks have posted some great ideas here and I hope it continues.

huge +1 for this thread to be stickied.

Not sure if this is already in the works but it would be really useful if the HUD filtered stats between ante and non-ante blinds. A lot of MTT players have very tight stats for the 1st hour of non-ante play but when antes kick in they really start opening up.

Several other things im surprised havent been mentioned:

1) Can we have a way to separate SuperTurbo stats from other SNG formats? Mixing these 2 stats together is very misleading and renders stats pretty much useless.

2) One step further, will it ever be possible to have Hud stats like:
    -Folds to PF allin
    -PF shoves (With positional popups)

-if we could add these we would very much need to change the "Steal" stats to apply only to NON-allins.

3) Can we have a way to quickly view a players UNfiltered stats? Many times if we have stats filtered by # of players we end up readless and i would still like to see how they played earlier in the tournament.

Thanks for even having this thread and taking the time to read all our ideas!

Banned

Great post Braminc. Your point about separating super turbos is appropriate, and indicative of how dissimilar all of the tourney variants are and how important that all data is segregated accordingly. If we get nothing else from this thread, I hope this one issue gets resolved.

Hi,

I'm back and I got lots of catching up to do. I'll try to go through the responses later today or tomorrow and give you guys an update.

Thanks,
    -B

+1 for ability to recognize/seperate the tournament types
    +1 to braminc post though I think the current steal stats + filtering is a pretty good option for looking at people PF tendencies in the push/fold stages

I think a great option for the HUD with SnGs would be filtering the stats by last X hands, sometimes if a few people suddenly bust I have little info on player as the unfiltered stats don't necessarily do me too much good if I'm deep in a game. I think being able to look at last 20 hands or w/e is a much nicer option

Ability to filter hero stats. They'd be a lot more useful if I can go look I'm 7/7 over the last 15 hands than oh I'm im 18/14 over the past 50 hands which gives me no indication of whether I've been active recently

I don't know if this is on topic but a feature I always wanted was:
    by clicking on the stats of a certain player, getting an option to review all the hands we ever played against that opponent, or all the hands we ever saw him play till showdown.

I knew good things would come from this thread. I'm removing the sticky because I'd rather focus my efforts on getting the development work done than monitoring this thread. Thanks again for all the suggestions! It makes seeing what tournament players want very simple.

If your suggestion is not listed here it's not possible or the amount of work to do it doesn't pay off VS how useful it is for all tournament players. Feel free to reply if you disagree, but I'd rather focus on development work than this thread. :-) I think there are a ton of great ideas here and after compiling this list I'm excited to get some of these in there.

Here's my thoughts after seeing everything on one piece of paper.
    • First get some Tournament Specific reports so you can analyze tournament play in the Reports more efficiently.
    • Next, focus on some HUD Filters. Not sure if we can do them all because it will severely complicate things for average users. Since the HUD is shared between cash and tourney I'm not sure if it's technically possible without a big code rewrite either. I'll find out soon though. If you have a suggestion to uncomplicate this for average users I'm all ears too.
    • There's a simple UI tweak for the Refresh button, that's super simple.

Keep in mind we can't do everything suggested because we have to balance bugs/feature requests & general HM development. Adding a couple tournament reports will be huge and that's what I want to focus on first. It's also some of the easier development work along with a common duplicated request.

Nothing in this list is final - it's the first draft of designing these features so they can be added to HM.

Excuse the formatting below, it was cut and pasted from the WORD doc I created for this.

Reports
    # of players in tournament report
    o HU
    o 1 Table
    o 2 Table
    o 3-10 Table
    o 10+ Table
    Giving users control over customizing these parameters sounds much more complicated than just making tournament specific reports for everyone to use but I'll run it by Programming and see what they say.

Tournament Type Report
    o Regular
    o Turbo
    o Super Turbo
    o DON's
    o TON's
    o Other
    Replace $ with T$ for tournament specific reports
    Tourney Buyin Report
    o $0-$2.50
    o $2.50-$5
    o $5-$10
    o $10-$25
    o $25-$50
    o $50-$100
    o $100-$200
    o $200 +
    Tournament Bustout Hand Report
    o Hero Bustout Hands
    o Villain Bustout Hands (Hands Hero Busted Villain)

HUD Filters
    # of players in tournaments (IE MTT VS STT)
    Don't reset HUD Filters when changing tables. (Good for Cash, but not tourney players)
    Filter for Regular/DON's/Turbo/SuperTurbo
    Filter for Ante/Non Ante.
    Double Click Tourney HUD to remove All filters on tournament hands

New Tourney Stats
    This is more of a global stat overhaul that is planned in the future.

MISC
    Sharkscope has a feature that allows you to work out your success based on time of day, day of the week you played etc. I find this a very useful feature. B-Money - Cool feature and something that can be used globally across HM/OM.
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/113943-post460.html Image here explains it all. Good idea. Just duplicate the Refresh button to B in the picture.
    Active Player Details Window - A very few % of people use this window and I'd rather focus development efforts on things everyone can use like new reports, etc. Not saying we'll never update this, but there are much higher priorities in my mind.

GL,
    B-Money