Calling All Tournament Regs - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I've always thought that the active players tab, (apart from the standard 6max cash stats range issue which has been raised loads of times), is that the old grid for starting hands looked far more useful as it used to be, when we dont have hundreds of hands on villain.
    I found this old post when I was searching for a screenshot of the old hands grid.
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-...play-mode.html

Start hooking this into Minders filter ideas for different types of games, and then mix in what stage of the tourney we're interested in and we're really getting somewhere.

Ought to add satellites into the list too, whole different dynamic at play in those.

Sorry for the hasty post - I'll be back when I have more time to devote to this.

And minder - post away pls, sounds to me as if you're way ahead on what is needed, I'll just add the +1's and nod enthusiastically in agreement.

Banned

#3 Reports

Tourney > Reports > Select Report Name from List
    Reports need to be segregated so that cash reports are not available under the Tourney tab, and tourney reports not available under the Cash Games tab, unless appropriate.

For instance, a new tourney player who buys HM and then selects any of the Plugging Leaks reports against tourney data is going to be mislead by the HM responses/analysis.

Reports such as 'Holecards' can be mixed across cash/tourney, however for tourney data the columns need to be redefined. The '$' needs to be replaced with 'T$', 'bb/100' permanently deleted and I suggest '3Bet%' also is removed. Same same for 'Hand At Showdown', 'Hand Groupings', etc reports.

In short, we need reports with a tourney focus, not cash game reports made available to tourney data.

For instance, I'd like to see a report that displayed VPIP, PFR, AGF (plus maybe some other stats like ROI and ITM) aggregated by levels within tourney types. Something like this (don't hold me to the actual numbers):
    STT - Max to 1/2 Max Players
    STT - 1/2 Max to ITM Players
    2 Table SnG - Max to 1/2 Max Players
    2 Table SnG - 1/2 Max to ITM Players
    3 Table SnG - Max to 2/3 Max Players
    3 Table SnG - 2/3 Max to 1/3 Max Players
    3 Table SnG - 1/3 Max to ITM Players
    5 Table same as 3 Table
    10 Table (probably) same as 3 Table
    MTT Small - Group into multiples of blind levels (say 5 levels per group) until ITM, then group into 4 equal subgroups for ITM but NOT including FT.
    MTT Big - As for MTT Small except have 8 subgroups post ITM... again, FT to be excluded.

Something like this:

<iframe width='680' height='450' frameborder='0' src='http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=t_iXKCQ156ASl6GlEgKKOGA&single=true&gid=13 &range=C6%3AI25&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

Any data collected during the rebuy period of a tourney needs to be isolated from the above reports... hell, I'd prefer if HM didn't collect data during the rebuy period at all as the potential to screw up meaningful analysis is just too high.

Banned

This would also be good, so that tourney players can minimize workspace just like the cash guys/gals can.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/113943-post460.html

Thanks for the discussion everyone. Nice to have a single place to see what tournament players want. Next week I'll be out of the office all week, but when I return I'll start compiling a list of the tourney features mentioned here and giving them a priority. Some of the things mentioned above we can't do due to technical reasons, other things we can do. I'll address it all when I get back.

Thanks,
    -B

Banned

I'll be happy if just half the effort that went in Rush goes into tourney.

Most of the stuff that has been posted makes sense, but a lot of it is really advanced stuff.

In my opinion the priorities would be:

- adding a filter on the hand selection for the tournament BUYIN price (so we can study how we played in 100$ buyin as opposed to 3$ buyin as opposed to a freeroll for example)

- adding the option to keep hero stats when moving tables from the last 3 (or X to be specified) tables on (chances are 3-4 people of your last 3 tables will end up with you at the final table)

- adding the option to switch hud stats between the type of tournament you're playing (satelite, sng, KO tournament, etc.)

- adding a feature that will analyze your results (ROI in particular) based on the time of the day, type of game (sng, etc) and day of the week you're playing (say monday at 11am you would usually have all the grinders / good players on -- it's going to be tougher than say Saturday at 5pm when all the blue collars play their weekly 3$ buyin fun game

- adding a selecting hand feature for bustouts in tournaments

These shouldn't be hard to implement using the already existing code (I'm a programmer myself so I'm not randomly just saying that )

Banned

Welcome Pupp3t-dude, and thanks heaps for your input.

I agree that nothing proposed ITT is difficult from a coding perspective (yep, old code cutter since '82), PROVIDED the db/tables are set up right to begin with.

Ok, carrying on with my Active Player window thoughts.

In keeping with Minders "smell the data" , here's one I keep sniffing around and wondering how much better the info could be presented?

If you go to big hands tab, set BB w/l to 0, we can get all hands villain was involved in, sort on every column in the table, and see betting patterns, position, board etc. Being able to click straight through to replay the hand is a really handy feature.

In this example of 107 hands, villain has only shown down 4, which just reinforces my earlier post that a heatmap grid is next to useless.

Wonder why still only two pages (just) devoted to the APW in the most recent manual?
    Strikes me there are indeed a ton of stats hidden inside - why aren't we making more use of them?

Afterthought- Could the bet sizes be added to this output, maybe in BB's? Villains stacksize/M would also be really useful.

Default Hand filter/Reports

Very important to be able to filter for number of players remaining in STT (not number of players in hand as per cash). This way you can filter for just bubble stage say and of course ability to run other filters at same time such as , effective stacks, busted out, etc etc

Filter for Dons in the results tab please, a few dons mixed up with normal SNGs really messes the results up.