Tournament Summary Situation
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Tournament Summary Situation

Hello,

After reformmating my hard drive I had to request pokerstars to send me all the summaries from tournaments I've played in 2009. Unfortunately, only 250 or so were able to be provided with detailed summaries, the remainder are just in the format:

PokerStars Tournament #208740950, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $5.00/$0.25 USD
    Tournament started 2009/11/01 14:28:01 ET
    Tournament finished 2009/11/01 14:53:56 ET

With no information with respect to my finish, payouts, etc... Stars was however able to present me with a spreadsheet with:

Date/Time Tourney# Game Currency Buy-In Rebuys/Addons Rake Place Entries Prize

as the headings for all of my tournaments. Is there anyway for me to easily import this data into HEM for the missing/"incomplete" tournaments? What is the minimum information required for stars tournaments histories to be imported in HEM? If I had to, I imagine I could use some programming to read the tournament numbers, calculate prizepools, put my place etc... into some format where I just have like

PokerStars Tournament #(have tournament number read from file entered here), (have game entered here)
    Buy-In: $(buy in from file here)/$(rake from file here) (currency from file here)
    (# of entries from file here) players
    Total Prize Pool: $(entries*buy-in from file here) (currency from file here)
    Tournament started (I can get these datalines from incomplete summaries)
    Tournament finished (I can get these datalines from incomplete summaries)

Then could I just have:

(place from file here): myname (Location), $(prize from file here) (prize/prizepool*100 from file here%)

Or am I required to account for the full prizepool and each place?
    Thanks!

What file types are these files? .HTM or similar? Have you tried the Import File(s) option in HM?

This is a picture of the excel spreadsheet stars sent me. In the top right corner I also included the format of the notepad file they sent me with all the summaries. The bottom right has what the last few hundred summaries are like. The spreadsheet they sent me was also sent to me in a .asp format (which I'm not sure will help). The import file function doesn't seem to work with excel file they sent (or if I simply copy/paste the information into a .txt file).

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

The hands will be linked in the email body in zip files. You download and unzip those to a new folder, then Import From Folder. The summaries will be attached to the email, most likely as .HTM or .HTML files. Download those and Import File(s) to pick them. It should ask you for the hero name that the summaries belong to.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories

I received the same type of HTML file from Pokerstars when I emailed them for my tournament results. It didn't work for me.

Is this file type not supported? If not, can you consider supporting this file type as it seems to be common?

At first I thought it was because there were a couple of PLO and 8-game mtts in there, but even after I deleted those rows it still didn't work and I couldn't find any meaningful errors in the logs. The import screen did indicate there were errors.

I tried converting the data to a csv file but that didn't import either.

Excel files arent supported but HTML ones are, what happened when you tried to import, did it say imported 1 of 1 or what? probably not wise to be editing html files as the spacing can sometimes be messed up, send the original file to support@holdemmanager.net and well have a look at it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Excel files arent supported but HTML ones are, what happened when you tried to import, did it say imported 1 of 1 or what? probably not wise to be editing html files as the spacing can sometimes be messed up, send the original file to support@holdemmanager.net and well have a look at it
    So this type of HTML file is supposed to work?

The first time I tried to import it, there was an error. I poked around the log files and found a 'data'ImportErrors.txt file that showed the html for the entire row that contained an 8-game tournament. That's when I decided to try removing that and a PLO tournament. I deleted all the html from the start to end tr tags.

Sometimes I get errors but can't find a log with the errors. Sometimes it just says 1 of 1 file imported 0 hands 0 errors.

I even tried changing the game type just to see if it worked but still no go. I also changed the filename before importing a second time. It seems it won't import the same file twice?

I'll email the file

Any update on this? Stars emailed me the same spreadsheet esque reply. Cheers

The spreadsheet wont import you need to request the html file, if your html file doesnt import please email it to me and ill look into it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Is there an update on this? I just received the same type of file and tried to import without success.