Run good or run bad?

Default Run good or run bad?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Hold'em manager. I'm trying to figure out the best way to see if I run good or bad. I play mostly limit poker, so the all-in EV graph is not that useful (I guess).

I tried one thing. After a session, I filter to all my hands that I went to showdown.

Then, for each hand, I average my EV (% of winning as given by HM in the hand replayer) preflop, on the flop and on the turn.

For example, in my last session, I played some hands. 30 hands went to showdown.

My average EV preflop was 53.1%, on the flop 57.3% and on the turn 51.9%

I then compare to my W$SD which is at 43.3 for those 30 hands and I see that I've been running bad.

I know the sample size is pretty low and that's why if I'm wondering if there is a better way to estimate the run good/run bad factor. And if not, would there be anyway to automate those calculations, maybe with custom stats? It wasn't too long with 30 hands, but it would take a lot longer to do it with a couple thousands hands.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Seems like something is wrong with the WTSD%

I played 465 hands and my WTSD% is 31.6, so according to HM, I should have seen a showdown for 147 hands. But when I use the filter SAW SHOWDOWN = TRUE, only 30 hands show up.

How come??
    Last edited by mdesjard; 02-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.

I don't know how to analyze Limit, but I would be glad to try and help answer the other technical questions. Here is a copy of my answer to your post at 2p2.

If you want to send me your original hands from the archive I can try to look at this in-depth. Please 7-Zip the hands and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the quick reply.

As I said on 2p2, I figured out the problem, WTSD% is a percentage of hands that saw the flop and went to showdown, not all hands.

As for the rest, I'm just wondering if I can access my equity preflop, on the flop and on the turn. It seems to be available for no-limit as the All-in EV, but that's not exactly what I need, I need just the equity in all situations, not when I'm all-in.

I guess it's harder to display since it doesn't apply to all hands, obviously, you need to know the cards of at least one opponent.

This is not an available feature at the moment. Please suggest it or vote for it here: Customer Feedback & Ideas for HoldemManager