This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.
First try to reboot.
If no help, try this:
Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service
Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service
If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.
Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Windows Firewall / Defender Problems
Please try following these FAQs, step by step:
1) FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
2) reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database
3) Still Can't Connect to PosgreSQL? Try This! - Holdem Manager Forums
If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands using these instructions
1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ager_Setup.exe
If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
net user postgres /delete
C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe