A few problems that I've been struggling with.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A few problems that I've been struggling with.

1. I play on two PCs, let's call them Primary and Secondary. I played a session on the Secondary PC today and I won about ~ +1BI. When I exported the hands onto my USB Drive and imported them into HM2 at my Primary PC, the software displays my winnings from this session at about ~ -10BB.

2. I'm unable to back-up my notes on my Primary PC. Also, it doesn't matter if I try to back-up my whole database, which is only about 1900 megs, or my notes only, it takes a lot of time. The last time I tried it was about an hour. And when I try to import that DB onto my Secondary PC - doesn't matter if they're just notes or the whole database - it just doesn't work.

There was a time that I synchronised the two databases through cloud and it was very convenient. The reason I stopped doing that was the differences in winnings, so I just exported/imported hands manually. Now it is the first time (at leas I think so) that I find differences in winnings on the two PCs when not using cloud.

3. This is actually not a problem but a question. Is notes-synchronising working in cloud already? I'm really anticipating this, since there's virtually no way to move my notes from one PC to another due to not working notes-back-upping.

I've been struggling with these issues for quite a long time already and finally decided to do something about it. I can provide you with any details that you need, I just want to have two identical winning graphs, hands, winnings, and a way not to lose notes which I take on "the other one" of my working stations.

Both of these PCs are on Windows XP, Primary is Professional Edition and one is Home Ed.

Did you reimport both the hands in your archive folder to the other PC.. and the handhistory files that may still be stuck in the auto import folder. (hands that weren't moved to the archive folder yet) ?
    You played only cashgame hands right.... not STT/MTTs?

Backup/Restore notes (similarly how it worked in HM1 only exporting to a small .xml file with the notes) and synching notes still have to be added to HM2 / HMSync.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Did you reimport both the hands in your archive folder to the other PC.. and the handhistory files that may still be stuck in the auto import folder. (hands that weren't moved to the archive folder yet) ?
    You played only cashgame hands right.... not STT/MTTs?
    I exported the hands by clicking Database -> Export -> choosing the Date Range, Output directory -> Start Export. Yeah, I play cash games almost exclusively. I have played a few Freerolls recently but not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Backup/Restore notes (similarly how it worked in HM1 only exporting to a small .xml file with the notes) and synching notes still have to be added to HM2 / HMSync.
    Any ETA on that? I guess that not a whole lot of people are using multiple PCs but at least adding it to HMSync seems like a logical update.

1. can you send us the hands and screenshots from PC1 and PC2 with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com?

2. We have no ETA for this.

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    1. can you send us the hands and screenshots from PC1 and PC2 with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com?

2. We have no ETA for this.
    1. Sure, I'll do it this Friday - I won't be able to get to my second workstation earlier.

2. :~(

I'll also try to work something out with the databases on my own and will ask for assistance if I need any. But beforehand I'd like to know if an ~hour is normal time fora backup of such a small database as mine (1900 megs)?

On which site were these hands played? Instead of exporting the hands, try importing the archive folder on the other PC.

Backup time mostly relies on harddisk speed.
    If the harddisk is slow and backs up at 1 MB/s. 1900 MB database is 1000 seconds = 17 minutes.

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I played these hands on PokerStars. I'll try importing the files from HM2Archive ASAP, which is Friday evening or Saturday morning, at the most.

I use a free version of Avast and the default Windows XP firewall, no 3rd party software. I have Windows XP on both PCs. I'll add exceptions to the firewall (which is turned on), as well as do the updates.

If backup times are like that then I think that my computer locks up after I begin the backup for about 45-50 minutes and only then stars to actually begin to do the backup. After the lock-up, a file is created on my HDD that's slowly growing in size until the backup has completed. Maybe someone has encountered a problem like that?

I could create a new database, re-import all of my hands onto the new database and then try to create a backup? Maybe that would help? I'd lose all my notes but at least I'd have a way to move my new ones between the two PCs, which is now my priority tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola_ View Post
    I played these hands on PokerStars. I'll try importing the files from HM2Archive ASAP, which is Friday evening or Saturday morning, at the most.
    Importing the original hands from the archive is always a better option than exporting/importing the hands from the database. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31).

I use a free version of Avast and the default Windows XP firewall, no 3rd party software. I have Windows XP on both PCs. I'll add exceptions to the firewall (which is turned on), as well as do the updates.

If backup times are like that then I think that my computer locks up after I begin the backup for about 45-50 minutes and only then stars to actually begin to do the backup. After the lock-up, a file is created on my HDD that's slowly growing in size until the backup has completed. Maybe someone has encountered a problem like that?
    Are you using a desktop or laptop? How old is the computer?

Which model CPU is in the computer and how much RAM?

I could create a new database, re-import all of my hands onto the new database and then try to create a backup? Maybe that would help? I'd lose all my notes but at least I'd have a way to move my new ones between the two PCs, which is now my priority tbh.
    You can backup the notes manually from the Database Manager > Backup menu by only selecting the [x] Player Notes and [x] Hand Notes options and choosing the [x] Skip Database option but there is a bug right now if you Restore those notes into a 2nd database that has existing notes that will cause the existing notes to be over-written instead of combined. I don't think there is any easy way to sync player notes between 2 databases until we fix this bug and/or include Player and Hand Notes in the HM Sync process.

I use PCs. Rather old ones, my primary (and the one that locks up for a long while before proceeding with the backup) is a C2D 4300 @ 1,8 ghz, 2GB of ram. The secondary, dunno, but similar specs.

The overwriting of notes wouldn't be that much of a problem if I just could backup the player/hand notes after ending a single day of playing and import the database on the other computer. You know, I'd just overwrite it every time with new notes added. It's just that the backup now takes a lot of time because of the lock-up and therefore it's, well, a pain in the ass And it didn't even work the last time I did it, but I'll try that tomorrow as well.

Correction: If I do that:
    You can backup the notes manually from the Database Manager > Backup menu by only selecting the [x] Player Notes and [x] Hand Notes options and choosing the [x] Skip Database
    I instantly get a 4,20 kb file. Is that file supposed to be that small and are my notes really there? If yes, one of my problems (the most annoying one) is solved.

If I don't choose the [ ] Skip Database option, it seems that I still get a lock-up.