Cant get anywhere with HM2 or HM!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    please reinstall your Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Run http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/dot...eanup_tool.zip
    2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

If that doesn't resolve it, it seems the due to the System Restore, critical elements are now missing (or corrupt) from Windows.
    Can you go to another restore point? What was the reason to go to a previous restore point to begin with?
    AVG had detected a virus and I couldnt for the life of me seem to get rid of it, so thought id take the easy option and go back 1 day on the restore (wish I hadnt now!)

Earliest System Restore available to me is from the 26th and the original one was to the 21st so cant restore back to before the problem started.

Now heading out the door so will try the .net framework fix when I get back and post results. Any further suggestions if that doesnt work or may I be looking at having to do a full system restore?

Either go back to another restore point...
    is there a restore point when you still had the virus?
    Delete the virus.

Going back to a restore point, isn't going to 'delete' the virus.

Ideal option: format C: fresh install of Windows.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

please reinstall your Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Run http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/dot...eanup_tool.zip
    2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

If that doesn't resolve it, it seems the due to the System Restore, critical elements are now missing (or corrupt) from Windows.
    Can you go to another restore point? What was the reason to go to a previous restore point to begin with?
    I went to begin step 1, and use the clean up application and it allowed me to progress and accept T+C's etc until it came to the point of actually starting the clean up operation. At this point I got the same error message I have been frequently getting upon starting HM1/2 but with a different heading

"msizapw.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000412). Click OK to close the application"

Clicking OK does nothing except immediately bring the same error back up again. The only way off it is Task Manager - End program

Thoughts? Also would like to state how much I appreciate the help I am getting in trying to resolve this matter, although it is looking more and more like a full restore may be neccesary

Either go back to another restore point...
    is there a restore point when you still had the virus?
    Delete the virus.

Going back to a restore point, isn't going to 'delete' the virus.

Ideal option: format C: fresh install of Windows.
    There are no restore points available from before the virus and HM problem was present. I have the discs that came with my laptop. Only purchased it about 6 months ago.

Read: All program update information is removed when you use the Msizap.exe tool to uninstall a program from a Windows-based computer

Read: msizap.exe File - How to Fix msizap.exe Errors (I can't guarantee this site/link is trustworthy)

It seems the errors you get are caused by certain Windows elements missing (or being corrupt).
    I just googled the error to see if Microsoft has a fix for them.

Again, ideal solution is a COMPLETELY reinstall of Windows, by these "repair tools" may also be able to solve it.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I should add that HoldemManager is build in ".net framework". That's the same programming language Windows is build in. (and why I first suggested the cleanup/reinstall of .net framework)

However if any main Windows component is corrupt, this is why both HoldemManager 1 and 2 won't run.
    And why other programs that don't rely on Windows' code will still run.

Read: All program update information is removed when you use the Msizap.exe tool to uninstall a program from a Windows-based computer

Read: msizap.exe File - How to Fix msizap.exe Errors (I can't guarantee this site/link is trustworthy)

It seems the errors you get are caused by certain Windows elements missing (or being corrupt).
    I just googled the error to see if Microsoft has a fix for them.

Again, ideal solution is a COMPLETELY reinstall of Windows, by these "repair tools" may also be able to solve it.
    Hey, just done a complete full restore of Windows this morning. Took about an hour and went perfectly without a hitch *touch wood*. Used the restore discs that came with my laptop. Have now succesfully installed HM2 and can confirm it is working fine.

Just wanted to say thanks to Patvs for bearing with someone who isnt the brightest when it comes to computers! Its much appreciated! And if you could pass on my thanks to Chris who has been in contact via email, that would be great!

Thanks again!