multi currency support - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Well I dont think its that easy at all. There are a lot of relations to consider, but never the less, multi currency is an importent feature and it has sounded that it should be finished soon.

So when is soon? It would be nice to have an esimated date that is realistic.
    Can we have that date answered here in this thread?

Its better to have a date far away that we can trust if thats the case, rather than have a date thats not relistic in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdb View Post
    This doesn't look to be the case, because while multicurrency was probably in the spec' "to be delivered next month" when most people purchased the product, we still don't have it but we do have a load of superfluous functionality - table scanners, leak finders, etc, that weren't wanted when we made the decision to buy.
    +1 here

i am waiting for this multi currency for so long now that i just cant even remember when was the first time i asked/checked about any info

I often come here to check for new patches that finally bring smulti-currency support or some news on a OS X version but all too often I find a new patch with some needed bugfixes and another unnecessary new feature. Obviously I don't know how you work but one could get the impression that you find new stuff to add all the time that does not add much value to the product because it might be easy while avoiding important features like multi-currency and OS X (1261 uservoices atm) that might be harder.

Quote Originally Posted by CivSTAR View Post
    qft

and I really can't believe that it is that big of a problem. as a noob I would just say that you need 2 more fields in the Database whicht would be called like "currency" and "shown_currency" or whatever. The currency had the actual currency in it and "shown_currency" is the currency that is shown, like you won 100€ then it would be like 140,00$

please work on it as fast and as hard as possible!
    The problem might be with a front-end implementation, just think about all queries they need to redesign and optimize. And the second problem might be with exchange rate, for example how to calculate games played 90 days ago, and if they make a table with a day-to-day exchange rate for every currency and recalculate report for every single day, how fast this will be?

But still, for me just separating dollar, euro and pound games will be enough by now.
    Last edited by Lexazan; 02-05-2010 at 11:28 AM.

the only reason i check for updates is to see if multi-currency is done

Quote Originally Posted by Stake Monster View Post
    the only reason i check for updates is to see if multi-currency is done
    yep... constantly checking... its just wierd looking at my graphs etc knowing its really not accurate at all since the ups and downs are either in euros GBP or USD

I have an idea of an easy solution to multicurrency.

1: Everything in HM is in Dollar or in Euro or in Pound......
    2: The user has to set the conversion rate self (examlpe in a tab says £=X...€=Y......Currency=C)
    3:If Im right the only ting to fix in the databas is a tag for what currency it is (based in the information in the handhistoryfiles) and HM then converts and presents everyting in chosen Currency (based on the conversion rate value the user inserted).

That would work fine for me before implementing all that other fancy multicurrencyfeatures. Whatever that could be....

I know there are some drawbacks. It shold be different tablestakes for different currencys as an example, because the tablestakes obviously are not the same with different currencys..........but are that importent as a first step? No its not. Everyting is in $ now and thats a lot more wrong.....

Do anyone wanting multicurrency agree to this idea?

Banned

@Terminator. It might be a little more complicated than that. Once you start introducing an 'exchange rate' you also need to consider when a cash out is performed. For instance, let's say I play for a number of weeks (playing at Euro tables) and build up a healthy BR (yeah, dreaming I know, but work with me on this). Hm can keep track of all of those winnings, but when it comes time to me cashing out some lovely in US$ I might be in trouble if the exchange rate has tanked/rocketed.

Sure, I might have won 100 Euros over the past week (and let's say last monday the exchange rate was 1:1) but when I cashed out on friday I only got $75. Both sets of data are correct, but different. I think this might be some of RVG's problem... how much of an 'accounting engine' should be built into HM.

@the minder.

True. You are absolutely right. The different currencys lives different lives in many aspects and that was my point. The exchange rate problem is existing today anyway.... There is allso fees including if you live in Euroland when you convert to Euro from Dollar......... and so on....... to concider.....

If the currency is tagged in the database at the beginning the information is there, to make something more of later and nothing else has to be changed. The rest could be taken care of later. Thats my point. That accounting enginge funktions could be left outside of HM at the moment and we would have a much more correct presentation of graphs and so.

Maby you are right and Im cutting to much corners.

I would be please if HEM could simply recognize that I'm playing on different currency tables and put €/£ tables separate from $ in the reports and stats tabs. That would already be a huge improvement which would enable you to do the necessary currency conversions yourself by hand.