Huds saved what location? All have disappeared...

Default Huds saved what location? All have disappeared...

I just opened stars, ninja and hem2 straight after one another before starting a session. During the boot of the programs my computer shut down. When I did it again after reboot there was no shutdown but all of my huds have disappeared. As in I only have the default ones now. I had a 6 max, fullring and a tourney hud made up but when I started to play the "default 2.0 Hud" was running.

Why is this? Can I get my old huds back!? They took some time to make. What is weird is that I still have my custom popups and report filters in their normal folders. Where are the huds saved?

They're stored in the:

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config/prefs.xml file

Check if you have a much larger prefs.bak file (this file contains your previous settings)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I lost my mobo and was able to install Windows7. I have the old HD available and I found the prefs.xml. But when I try to import it, I get an error about No Config Found.

What am I doing wrong?

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

You can not import the prefs.xml file withing the HM2 GUI. It must be dropped directly into the Roaming > Holdem Manager > Config folder.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Con
    Showing hidden files: How to show hidden files in Windows 7

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\HoldemManager
    Showing hidden files: Microsoft Corporation

Dog,

I took the pref.xml from the old HD and dropped into the same directory on the new hd. No go. Could the file be corrupt?

I would expect to at least see it in the dropdown. And even the default HUD is not showing up. Should I reboot?

Thanks

Was the file size much larger than the file you overwrote?
    You don't have a prefs.bak file?

A larger file size can suggest it contains your custom HUD Configuration.
    Otherwise you'll have to re-create them.
    When you've recreated them--> EXPORT them. And save those files. It will be a lot easier to re-import them in the future.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Yes
    and
    Yes - I actually renamed the prefs.bak file and dropped that one in to no avail.

I was hoping to not have to recreate them. Any thoughts?

Edit: I got the release update and now I have a hud but still not able to use the old one. Will remake but not liking it.
    Last edited by DenverDave; 06-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Re-creating them seems like the best option, if after replacing the prefs file you still can't see your custom HUDs.