Combo Installer: "Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL"
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Combo Installer: "Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL"

Windows Vista 64, fully updated.
    No Security software, Windows defender and Windows firewall disabled. I even added the .exes you advised to the exception list before disabling the firewall.

After installing HEM and SQL with the combo installer I'm getting the error: "Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL." If I click on details I'm getting the following information: "Connection to database failed: --> could not connect to server: Connection refused (...Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? <-- error"
    I tried installing postgres and HEM seperatly, that did not allow me to connect to postgres either, giving me the same error (did a clean uninstall of postgres after this).

I've been using HEM and Postgres for ~3 years now and this is the first time I have a problem with postgresql. The only thing that changed in my computer is that I now have two HDDs instead of one.

Any idea how to fix this?
    Last edited by Pureman; 01-29-2010 at 02:00 PM.

1) Use www.revouninstaller.com to uninstall postgresql.

2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    3) reboot

4) Install this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe

If you have problems with that as well, please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you. I schedule support from 12:00 - 22:00 EDT, 7 days a week.

Default The same problem

I have the same problem. Tried to install different sqls but always the same problem...

Problem solved. I was using a Killer Nic (Network Card) from Bigfoot Networks. That card blocked the SQL install. Disabling the firewall etc on the Network card does not help. You have to completly deinstall and remove the network card from your system if you want to run PostgreSQL.

On a side note, the card ist a piece of shit. All it does is cause problems. It does not reduce lag, the games will not feel "smoother" - hands down the card does not help with anything. Don't buy it, I regret that I bought it :-).

I use Vista 32

I have reinsalled windows yesterday and now I'm having this problem. This is not the first time I use HM on this computer with this OS, but the first time I'm having a problem.

I don't have any Killer Nic (Network Card) from Bigfoot Networks installed on my comp....
    Tried everything from FAQ

Please try this version PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator
    PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    4) reboot.
    5) Install PostgreSQL 8.3.9 from this link - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...3.9-v1.0.7.exe