# Players Report Filter - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We need to be able to filter based on number of seats at the table. Number of players at the table is an okay filter, but number of seats is what we need, and currently we do not have it.

I posted in the rush support thread, and now I realize that what I asked in that thread was a continuation of the topic in this thread, so I copied two posts from the rush thread to continue the discussion here to keep it organized, and also so that I do not take the rush support thread off of topic.

Here are the two posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    After playing a lot of full-ring rush, I decided to try 6-max rush, and I was surprised to see that I had some players show up in the HUD with many hands. Do the 6-max and full-ring hands always mix, or is this just something with the rush HUD that needs to be fixed?

I know that under HUD Options > Additional HUD Filters, there is "Filter for # Players," but I thought I did not need to use that because 6-max and full ring hands were already kept separate. Do I need to use this filter to keep the hands separate in the HUD?
    Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    yes, you need to use this filter.
    HM doesn't differentiate between the table types, it only uses the number of players.
    Given what I now know, I might create another database for 6-max, but first I have a few questions about the positional stats that get filtered from full-ring to 6-max.

Say that I go to HUD Options > Additional HUD Filters, and correctly apply the "Filter for # Players" filter so that I am getting stats only for when there were six players or fewer at the table. I see the toal number of hands in the HUD drop to the correct numbers. Then, I look at VPIP/PFR for the players whose stats had not been filtered before, but now are correctly filtered. Say that I had a player with over 1,000 hands before the filter, and now that I apply the filter he has only 20 hands. Those 20 hands would be from a full-ring table that had gone short down to six players, and so now the stats are showing up at the 6-max table.

I then look at VPIP/PFR by position. This player with 20 hands open-raised from UTG at the full-ring table when there were only six players seated. I think that his open-raise would cause full-ring middle position VPIP/PFR to increase. Is that correct, or did his full-ring early-position VPIP/PFR increase?

Now back to the 6-max table, but still looking at the same hand that has filtered in from the full-ring game. Does that same hand cause the 6-max early position VPIP/PFR to increase, or does it cause the 6-max middle position VPIP/PFR to increase?

Good questions Ajax - can I add my questions too ?

Is it the plan to implement correct table-size type filters for cash at the same time as tourneys ?

When can we expect this to happen ?

** MellowYellow points out the effect on VPP's (SEE EARLIER POST) "It's pretty easy to determine which table is 9max or 6max, is this going to be updated soon? If it is then you could get the accurate amount of VPPs based on what the table actually is"
    ** MY OWN COMMENT: I am using FOUR databases at the mo & it's a right royal pain because switching DB's is not seamless in HM

Currently HM only filters based on number of players and not table type. We will try and add this but i have no ETA at the moment, since we currently dont collect the type of table it would require a database restructure to add this

If i play 1 hand at 6max table and im UTG and the next hand i play on a 9 max and im UTG2 then my EP VPIP would be 100% so it dosent separate 6max from 9max

Using no of players filter you could filter out 6 max game by looking for where players > = 7 or you could filter out 9max by where players <=6 but again that filter is based on the no of players and not the game type like 6max, 9max

When we do filter by game type then we will be able to solve most of your issues pointed out above but ive no ETA at the moment.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    If i play 1 hand at 6max table and im UTG and the next hand i play on a 9 max and im UTG2 then my EP VPIP would be 100% so it dosent separate 6max from 9max
    Sorry, but I did not understand your answer.

1. If I am playing at a full-ring table and looking at the HUD, and there are only six players at the table, and the first opponent opens for a raise, does his early pos VPIP/PFR increase, or does his middle pos VPIP/PFR increase?

2. If I then move to a six-handed table, and look at the same opponent in the HUD after his data is filtered in using Additional HUD Filters set to allow only 6 players and no more, will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max ealy pos VPIP/PFR, or will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max middle pos VPIP/PFR?

Loki,

I have two questions about this post here:

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    Well I USED to do what I've just described, but now that I've got the HH's split up into folders I simply play with the correct DB as default & change the default DB depending on the game. Obviously you can't do this if you play FR & 6max at the same time
    Were you able to actually get the different HH's to download from the poker site to your PC into different folders, or do you have to do some folder maintenance each time you play 6-max and full ring during the same day?

You also mentioned that you have a separate DB for tournament. Do tournament hands need to be separated too, because their stats mix in with cash hands?

Hi Mr. Ajax Sir

More detail than you asked for, but what the hell...
    Were you able to actually get the different HH's to download from the poker site to your PC into different folders
    I wish ! Player notes are central to my game rather than stats & I write loads of them during play using shorthand [are you the guy who has 64 HUD stats & wants 128 ?]

I write notes in HEM notes & colour-code in PS notes. This restricts me to three tables because that's the maximum I can observe intelligently. So it's vital I select profitable tables. One bad table choice out of three removes the profit. With that in mind...

####
    MY POKER PLAYING LAPTOP:
    I used to play only 6max, but now I'm branching out into all kinds of games. I manually switch DB's if possible, but if I'm playing FR & 6max at once (for example) then for my purposes the HEM filters are not good enough. After a days' play is over & I'm sure all the HH's have imported - I manually move my HH's out of the HM archive into the relevant folders (game type) & subfolders (year, month, day) with a good free file manager that can display 4 windows at once [although I might move to xplorer2 lite]. I use NotePad++ to edit my PS notes file in one hit every week or so - to assign colours to PS player notes (based on fishy qualities or players too smart for me) viewable in the PS lobby for table selection purposes. Notepad++ allows me to colour-code any number of PS player notes at once. This means I haven't got to do it while I'm playing & I'm still working on the colours to use & adding extra colours into PS is something I'm going to look at next (or even icons in the PS lobby ?). I'm mad keen on sitting at ideal tables in ideal seats so I do a lot of analysis of my main cash cow villains (& winning players) away from the tables & I'm still working on a definition of an ideal table (for my style of play). In other words I have a kind of table scanner arrangement for free & to suit my needs.

####
    I also take these sorted HH's & load them onto my MY POKER ANALYSIS & BACKUP LAPTOP:
    Where I have a more complex arrangement of DB's where I investigate different villain playing styles by analysing groups of players aliased together

####
    You also mentioned that you have a separate DB for tournament. Do tournament hands need to be separated too, because their stats mix in with cash hands?
    I'm not the guy to ask - yet. My provisional answer is... not that I'm aware of - I imagine it can be filtered ? It's not an issue yet because I'm a beginner in tourneys so I'm not bumping into that yet. I have a tourney DB to keep the player names/notes apart. As far as I can tell each DB has its own player HEM notes. I'm assuming that a players HEM notes in one DB doesn't write to the same players HEM notes in another DB. I also have 4 different PS Notes files based on game type (all colour-coded differently) which I swop in & out of the PS folder depending on what I'm playing

####
    Last edited by _Loki_; 03-10-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Banned

@ Ajax and Loki

This 6/9 players/seats thing has always stuck in my craw. Fwiw it effects tourney players too and the sooner it gets fixed the better we'll be. Atm, the HUD and reports are presenting inaccurate data... which is not good.

Once I get some more details, I might decide to just keep all the hands in one database. It depends on a few of the details, and whether or not I decide that I want to see the full ring stats of players when they filter into a 6-max table. In some ways I think it is fine, but in other ways it is not good. I want more stats on the players, plus the stats when the first three players fold might still accurately reflect play at a six-max table but that is probably dependent on the player so maybe not.

I need more information to figure it out (like the questions I have above), plus some time to think about it too.

Sorry, but I did not understand your answer.

1. If I am playing at a full-ring table and looking at the HUD, and there are only six players at the table, and the first opponent opens for a raise, does his early pos VPIP/PFR increase, or does his middle pos VPIP/PFR increase?

2. If I then move to a six-handed table, and look at the same opponent in the HUD after his data is filtered in using Additional HUD Filters set to allow only 6 players and no more, will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max ealy pos VPIP/PFR, or will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max middle pos VPIP/PFR?
    1) Hes EP stat increases.

2) If you set the hud filter to 6 players (thats not 6max its just 6 players) then it will filter out all hes 9max tables where there was 7-9 players and so youll know hes EP stat was UTG in a 6 handed game and dosent include full ring hands. If you had no filter it would be a mix of full ring EP and 6max EP if he plays both.

If hes UTG in a 6 handed game it will never be anything else other than EP, we dont convert it in any way. If its 5 handed then UTG doesnt exist, the first person to act would me MP, if its 4 handed the 1st person to act is CO and so on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.