I want to merge two players in the database into 1 player, is that possible?

Default I want to merge two players in the database into 1 player, is that possible?

Let's say player "Tom123" played on Lock poker on the Merge network and then Lock poker moves to the Cake network so he remakes his screenname "Tom123" on that new network. I want to move those player stats from "Tom123" of the Merge network lock poker to the "Tom123" on the cake network lock poker... How can I do that?

Basically, I have like thousands of hands for a player who played lock poker on the merge network. But when the same screenname just came online on Lock poker Cake network, it says I only have 11 hands when I have thousands of other good hands on the same player in the database... I"d like them to show up for the same guy on lock poker cake network.

I do understand that it's possible that "Tom123" on the Cake network could be a different player than "Tom123" on the Merge network, but i'm 95% certain they are the same.

You can create an alias for reports, the HUD will not combine them.

It's also not good to assume it is the same person. I've been burned that way in the past.

If you are absolutely sure (i.e. confirmed in the 2+2 transfer threads, you know the person, they've outted themselves), then I would do a thorough study of the player, take notes on both names, including the other room's stats.

Different networks play different, they might not play the same on both.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    You can create an alias for reports, the HUD will not combine them.

It's also not good to assume it is the same person. I've been burned that way in the past.

If you are absolutely sure (i.e. confirmed in the 2+2 transfer threads, you know the person, they've outted themselves), then I would do a thorough study of the player, take notes on both names, including the other room's stats.

Different networks play different, they might not play the same on both.
    I know that the HM 2 HUD will not combine them, but there has to be a way I can go into the database and combine them, right? Maybe i should go to a postgres forum since it is a postgres database.

I agree the different networks play differently but in this specific case the Revolution gaming network is made up of at least two thirds Former merge network players, so the playing styles going to be very similar.
    Last edited by lampshade9909; 06-10-2012 at 09:14 PM.

It's currently not possible to merge the data for the HUD stats (nor do I know how this could be done on a database level in pgadminIII).

However,.. we are looking into adding this as a feature: where you can create an 'opponent alias' if you're certain two handles are the same. This was already requested for Cake.

On CAKE it turns out if you take a NOTE player "xxx", if he would change his name to "yyy" it will still show the note you took on "xxx". As players on Cake players often change their screen names, players have solved this by simply writing the name to the note.

And they would now like the option to add "xxx" and "yyy" to an alias where the HUD will show combined stats
    The feature request ticket on this is HM-4807.
    I'll ADD YOUR COMMENT: "in this specific case the Revolution gaming network is made up of at least two thirds Former merge network players"... a lot of them will be using the same player name.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here