Reinstall HM1 and HM2 after reinstall windows

Default Reinstall HM1 and HM2 after reinstall windows

Just finished reinstalling windows, now busy updating windows vista. I can't install postgres 8.3.19, but I installed a 8.3 version via http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgresql.zip. And I downloaded Holdem_Manager_Setup1.12.09.exe and HM2Setup_2.0.0.6866.exe. Eventually I want to install the latest beta's for HM1 and HM2, but those are updates so I guess I have to use a normal install file before updating (is this correct?)

I can't get Hm1 working yet though. For HM2 I have to wait until .net 4 is installed. I still have my DB on a external HD. (db connection error). I also can't run pgadmin3 to see if my db are being recognized. Any tips?

I have UAC disabled, run avast antivirus and have set exeptions.

Yes... use the normal install files.
    Then update to:

HM1 :http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa..._04Jun2012.exe

HM2:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe

If you're creating a NEW database, reimporting your hands, why not install PostgreSQL 8.4.11? (or 8.2.22)
    Is Vista updated to Service Pack 2?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I'd rather not create a new database. Then I'd have to import 1 mio hero hands and ~10 mio observed hands...

i've got HM1 working (it starts up), HM2 I get a license error (valid license not found), but I did not have the chance to enter my license... I've reset my license via the store. Any tips on that? I can see my db in PGadmin3 now too.

update. Got HM2 working too and license issues are gone. Still couldn't connect to my HM2 database (postgres error). If I chose anothter test database, HM2 started. Then I switched to my main DB, but that doesn't show any hands, although in the database section it shows to be 18GB with 150k players. I think I need some help on this...

Update 16 pm: still need help!
    Last edited by Daniel; 06-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.

You can try reindexing the database in pgadminIII.
    Which error do you get when you install SQL 8.3.19?
    If .19 won't install there could be a corruption in the database. Ideally create a new database and reimport your hands. (in a SQL 8.4.x database) so you can use the backup/restore feature to restore the database.

How did you save your old database?
    Did you reinstall Windows, but kept your old PostgreSQL/8.3/data folder (and reinstall SQL 8.3.x to that folder)... or you had a backup of your database (in pgadminIII?) which you restored?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I reindexed yesterday but haven't played since I think. But I think I did not see any hands from previous sessions (before reinstall). New hands are being imported in the old database.

At the end of install of .19, I get an error stating something with 64 bits or digits in relation to data (at work now, can't remember exact words).

I'd rather not reimport unless necessary because of the large amounts of hands.

My old database was on a external harddrive. I reinstalled postgres to that drive to the complete 8.3/data/base folder. HM1 is running from the same drive (probably other database but from same folder), and working properly.

The database shows up in pgadminIII. I’ve vacuumed and reindexed from there.

Reindexing did not help

the exact error message is:

the existing data directory(data/time: floating point numbers) is not compatible with this server (date/time setting:64 bit integers)
    Last edited by Daniel; 06-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.

For HM2 half the database is in the PostrgreSQL database. The other half is in the:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Database folder

Did you also backup that folder? If you didn't you'll have to create a new database and reimport the hands. (and since you'll be reimporting them it's an opportunity to use a different version of PostgreSQL 8.2.22 or 8.4.11)

Update:
    HM1: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...08Jun2012d.exe
    HM2: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe