Video showing several crashes apparantly related to savingn empty actions

Default Video showing several crashes apparantly related to savingn empty actions

I just sent an email to Chris with a video attached showing HM crashing apparently as a result of saving empty actions.

I wanted to post it here as well so if any one else has the problem they understand what is happening to avoid some frustration until a patch comes out.

I am going to just copy the email I sent and attach the video as well. Sorry if this is considered clutter or the wrong venue, I'm just trying to help out. Feel free to delete this post if it is considered inappropriate for the forum at all.

HM NoteCaddy Crashes.avi - YouTube

Basically, you have to be careful not to accidentally save an empty action, otherwise HM will crash.

The video shows several examples, and the following text is the email I sent to the person handling crash reports:

"I have attached a video showing three separate crashes and submitted the logs with a short note for each as well.

The first crash happens about 2:00 minutes into the video. (my computer is kind of slow so there is some dead time there)

During this crash I created a new Action Sequence (check raise), and created a new action (also called check raise). The action did not have anything defined, I just created it. Then I clicked 'Save' on the action sequences side, resulting in a crash.

I suspected thiscrash had to do with the fact that both the sequence and action were named the same, or that the action was empty.

The second crash happens about 4:30 minutes in.

This crash happens after creating an Action Sequence named 'crashtest' and an action named 'crash_testevent'. Once again I left the action blank, and then clicked save on the action sequence side of things. This resulted in a crash, leading me to strongly suspect trying to save a blank action within a sequence is the culprit for this type of crash.

The third crash happens about 7:30 minutes in, and appears to possibly be an unrelated type of crash.

This time I created an action sequence named 'push_allin__overtop_crashtest' and an action named 'bet_by_prev'. I checked box indicating the action had to be performed by a player not receiving the note. Then I pressed save on the action side of the screen, resulting in a crash.

At first I thought this was likely because I am pretty sure I have an action named that already (although I have no way to check unfortunately, that should really be a part of the program). After reviewing the video though I noticed that I didn't click on any of the radio boxes for raise/call/etc, so it may in fact be because the action is incomplete.

After that the video shows me successfully creating a definition, although I did not test it. I just wanted to show that my computer wasn't just crashing all the time or anything. I am able to succesfully create notes, although after having experienced so many crashes I definitely am hyper-aware of what I am naming things and when/where I click save.

After writing this all out it seems to definitely be connected to saving an empty action. It didn't seem so cut and dry until I recorded it and wrote it all up."

Wooooooooow!!!!
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ml#post1214291
    It seems that I present a fairly laconically

Last edited by Olaf; 05-30-2012 at 07:52 AM.

No direction but to trust the final destination

This is already fixed if you download the latest build How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki